Pain in one nostril when breathing in

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I’ve been getting this for years now but it seems to flare up in 1-2 week periods. This time however, it’s been lasting about a month. When I breath in, i get this very intense sharp/achy feeling in my left nostril, pretty far up. As I result, I usually end up holding my breath or breathing very quickly to stop the pain. It’s so bad that it makes my eyes water so I’m walking around campus literally in tears. It seems to be worse when I’m breathing in cold air, but also happens when I’m just lying down cozy in bed at night.

What could it be?
Anonymous #2
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ve been getting this for years now but it seems to flare up in 1-2 week periods. This time however, it’s been lasting about a month. When I breath in, i get this very intense sharp/achy feeling in my left nostril, pretty far up. As I result, I usually end up holding my breath or breathing very quickly to stop the pain. It’s so bad that it makes my eyes water so I’m walking around campus literally in tears. It seems to be worse when I’m breathing in cold air, but also happens when I’m just lying down cozy in bed at night.

What could it be?
I know this probably isn't what you're looking for. But it sounds like you should be going to a doctor not asking anonymously on a health forum? Literally any of us could put this into an online symptom checker and say it is something worse than it is.

If you don't want to actaully go to a GP you can go to a pharmacist that might be able to help. OR even call 111 (in the UK) because they can also give some good advice especially if:
"you need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency
you think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service
you don't know who to call or you don't have a GP to call
you need health information or reassurance about what to do next"

(the bits in quotes are from the NHS website about 111)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (280)
56.57%
I don't have everything I need (215)
43.43%

Watched Threads