Sabav
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I just picked up A level further maths a few days ago (I’m in Y12) because I realised that it would really help my application for university. The way my school does further Maths is they teach AS maths in the first half of Y12 and teach AS further maths in the second half (they teach a bit of A level maths at the end as well). So far they’ve taught half of each of the further pure, mechanics and statistics books. Does anyone have any tips on how to catch up quickly (Maybe some good websites and youtube videos)??.
Rae5
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Sabav)
I just picked up A level further maths a few days ago (I’m in Y12) because I realised that it would really help my application for university. The way my school does further Maths is they teach AS maths in the first half of Y12 and teach AS further maths in the second half (they teach a bit of A level maths at the end as well). So far they’ve taught half of each of the further pure, mechanics and statistics books. Does anyone have any tips on how to catch up quickly (Maybe some good websites and youtube videos)??.
Is it AQA? I’m doing further maths AS and there are literally no online resources but I’ve just bought the cpg revision guide and it’s a life saver but sadly I don’t think I’m going to be able to cover everything for the AS in may so I’m freaking out right now
Sabav
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Rae5)
Is it AQA? I’m doing further maths AS and there are literally no online resources but I’ve just bought the cpg revision guide and it’s a life saver but sadly I don’t think I’m going to be able to cover everything for the AS in may so I’m freaking out right now
Sorry I should have mentioned that my exam board is OCR. There aren't any resources for OCR either. I’ll see if there is a revision guide for my boards as well. I just don’t know how I’m gonna compete with the really really clever people in my class (and the clever people in the entire country) because unlike other subjects that have good and bad students, people who take further maths are either really hard working or really clever. And I’m sure you’ll be able to cover everything. Maybe do a full exam paper to realise where your weak points are rather than trying to revise all the topics.
Rae5
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Sabav)
Sorry I should have mentioned that my exam board is OCR. There aren't any resources for OCR either. I’ll see if there is a revision guide for my boards as well. I just don’t know how I’m gonna compete with the really really clever people in my class (and the clever people in the entire country) because unlike other subjects that have good and bad students, people who take further maths are either really hard working or really clever. And I’m sure you’ll be able to cover everything. Maybe do a full exam paper to realise where your weak points are rather than trying to revise all the topics.
I’m really struggling with further maths at the moment but I’m trying to focus on my weakest points on the topics that we’ve covered and I’m spending all my study lessons on further maths, further Maths is such a hard subject that the grade boundaries are very low, have you checked your exam boards grade boundaries for previous years?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (229)
67.75%
No (109)
32.25%

Watched Threads