Have I left revision too late Watch

Jimmerm78
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m in year 11 and have 3 months 2 weeks until gcses, my friend told me they started revision in year 10 however I’m only starting now, have I left it too late or is it just the right time?

ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Jimmerm78)
I’m in year 11 and have 3 months 2 weeks until gcses, my friend told me they started revision in year 10 however I’m only starting now, have I left it too late or is it just the right time?
My usual answer to Qs like this:

What if it's too late? Are you going to give up?

No? Then better get your **** into gear, get off TSR, stop asking pointless Q and start revising!!
CoolAndGeneric
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just cram it all at the end.
Hannah055
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey there is still time just make a revision timetable and revise. It's better to start now than later you can do it!! Hope this helps.
Minsun20
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Didn’t you revise through your year 10 or year11? I think you can but you’ll have to put in a lot of effort and I mean like 120% effort, not 100%.
Last edited by Minsun20; 1 week ago
Statsman1017
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No, i started now-ish back when I was in year 11 and smashed my exams. Start now, work hard, stick at it , and you'll do well. Do every paper possible and read every examiner report that exists for your relevant subjects.
Exdoz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Not at all. I can guarantee you, you are able to get at least Grade 9s in half your subjects if you just start memorising all the textbooks from all your subjects from now. Yes, just by memorising the textbooks you can get grade 9s. For now, forget about doing every paper possible (for now). Literally just memorise all the textbooks. Then start attempting papers near the end.
Nuttyy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I started in Easter
iBearHQ
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No
FrankSmith2002
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
No. As long as you start within the next few weeks you’ll be absolutely fine, and it’s much better to spend a decent amount of time doing effective revision, than trying to start revising really early and burning yourself out when it really matters.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?