Bleeding on progesterone only pill Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So I’ve been taking the pill for around four weeks, a few days left of my first pill packet. For the first week I was fine, I had started the packet on the fifth day of my period and so stopped bleeding a day later. However a week later I got another extremely heavy period, I brushed it off but I’ve been spotting every day since. That was two weeks ago, and yesterday I started another period. Should I go back to the doctor or will they brush me off and tell me to wait until the end of the three months? I want to be switched to tbe combined pill as I have been on it before and experienced no side affects, whereas on the mini pill I have also noticed it has worsened my depression.
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Is there a reason you are on the progesterone only pill now rather than the combined?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by black tea)
Is there a reason you are on the progesterone only pill now rather than the combined?
Hi, yes it’s because I get headaches quite often. But this didn’t seem to be a problem before
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, yes it’s because I get headaches quite often. But this didn’t seem to be a problem before
The combined pill can make you get headaches more often but it's probably best to chat to your doctor about whether you should go back on it again.

As for bleeding with the progesterone only pill, I don't think there's much that can be done other than waiting for 3-6 months to see if it will settle.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (263)
61.45%
Yes- I don't like it (20)
4.67%
No- I want it (114)
26.64%
No- I don't want it (31)
7.24%

Watched Threads