The Student Room Group

Embarassed

At college yesturday, basically we have to hand our phones in lesson at college for some reason so I handed it in. Basically I have a bit of soft spot on sarah from coronation street, I just think shes cute coz shes short, I think shes only 5ft but I find her attractive. Anyway shes called Tina oBrien in real life and like I said I have a soft spot for her so I set a picture of her as my lock screen but everyone started laughing. Everyone was saying Im a weirdo coz shes double my age etc. Now I just feel embarassed so Ive changed my lockscreen back to default.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Don’t put pictures of other people as your lock screen again it’s just plain weird lesson learned I hope
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Don’t put pictures of other people as your lock screen again it’s just plain weird lesson learned I hope

It might be weird i guess, but shes my crush

Okay and ? It’s weird period
Ignoring the other stupid response(s).

I do agree that you shouldn't put a picture on your lock screen, home screen BG is fine I guess.
It's your phone, you do you.
Reply 5
Okay and ? It’s weird period

Ill just not set her as my lock screen again
At college yesturday, basically we have to hand our phones in lesson at college for some reason so I handed it in. Basically I have a bit of soft spot on sarah from coronation street, I just think shes cute coz shes short, I think shes only 5ft but I find her attractive. Anyway shes called Tina oBrien in real life and like I said I have a soft spot for her so I set a picture of her as my lock screen but everyone started laughing. Everyone was saying Im a weirdo coz shes double my age etc. Now I just feel embarassed so Ive changed my lockscreen back to default.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Narrow minded college folk will laugh because they don't understand how you personally feel. Put Tina back on your lockscreen because that's what you want, those people in your class are NOT worth listening to and you SHOULD NOT feel embarrassed. Same with anything of this nature, do what you want to do and do not listen to what shallow people think-otherwise you become their B****.

Don't listen to people who don't support how you feel-they're tricking you into thinking like them.
Instead of getting embarrassed own it. Don't behave like it's something you're ashamed of.
Reply 9
Original post by JDINCINERATOR
Narrow minded college folk will laugh because they don't understand how you personally feel. Put Tina back on your lockscreen because that's what you want, those people in your class are NOT worth listening to and you SHOULD NOT feel embarrassed. Same with anything of this nature, do what you want to do and do not listen to what shallow people think-otherwise you become their B****.

I do agree that it might be weird to have her as my lock screen
Original post by sinfonietta
Instead of getting embarrassed own it. Don't behave like it's something you're ashamed of.

Would you say its weird to have Tina Obrien as you lock screen?
Would you say its weird to have Tina Obrien as you lock screen?

Nope. I had to Google her but she is pretty.

(But I share my first name with her so I might be biased)
I do agree that it might be weird to have her as my lock screen

Looking at her now I don't blame you for having Tina on your lockscreen she's rather attractive. Weirdness is everything, we come into life with weirdness everywhere, only through conformity by association with the familiarity of the people around us do we establish a "normality". Yet normalcy is the enemy of individuality so you can pick which one you'd prefer-I'd personally pick the latter any day, but everyone is different.
Looking at her now I don't blame you for having Tina on your lockscreen she's rather attractive. Weirdness is everything, we come into life with weirdness everywhere, only through conformity by association with the familiarity of the people around us do we establish a "normality". Yet normalcy is the enemy of individuality so you can pick which one you'd prefer-I'd personally pick the latter any day, but everyone is different.

Its just people are going to mock me

She is very stunning but people will still think im weird
Nah this is too much 😂😂😂
Its just people are going to mock me

Well you've got to be bigger than them. I get that maybe you want to be one with the crowd and accepted but you've got to put yourself first-especially when you're being embarassed. Don't stand for that kind of stuff you're worth more than that. I'm sure those who do the mocking have certain things they're embarrassed about but choose to keep dormant-by showing who you are you have stood out in the best way you can and if a bunch of people don't appreciate it-well again those people are shallow-minded and they shouldn't be listened to. Don't give in or give up.
She is very stunning but people will still think im weird

I don't think you're weird and I'm a 27 year-old man. Ok it's obvious these people don't have the same mentality as you or I, but then they'll be strangers elsewhere too. I can't reiterate enough how important it is for your growth to be who you are-I swear that's the best way forward for yourself, although being the audacious type isn't everyone's preference, in which case just do what you feel most comfortable with.
Original post by ForeverAnonymous
Nah this is too much 😂😂😂

Please dont rub it in mate, Im embarassed as it is.
The best response would have been to laugh along with it. Because it is funny.

You have done nothing morally nor ethically wrong, assuming copyright was respected.

Being able to laugh at yourself and your life is a good skill to have.
Laughing is good.
In this context I don't think there was any bullying at the initial laughing. But there is bullying when they start calling you a weirdo. To which your response should be that they are just being intolerant, narrow minded gits if they think having a photo of an attractive celebrity on a phone is weird.
Please report any bullying to a trusted teacher or your tutor.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending