Luna003
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So we are required to make subject choices right now. My uni requires 2 AH and 1 H or 3 AH. But I also want to get my Nat 5 in English and I want to do a Essay Based subject as a higher such as RMPS and History (though I love both of em). I also need extra curricular. I want to apply for Either Medicine, Nursing or Optometry. I need advice on what to do..
chubchubbs
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Luna003)
So we are required to make subject choices right now. My uni requires 2 AH and 1 H or 3 AH. But I also want to get my Nat 5 in English and I want to do a Essay Based subject as a higher such as RMPS and History (though I love both of em). I also need extra curricular. I want to apply for Either Medicine, Nursing or Optometry. I need advice on what to do..
Alright hiyah!:hi: First off what subjects have you taken for Nat 5 and higher? And also it may depend on the uni you want to got to. From there I'll try to help you as best I can.
Luna003
Rep:
?
Hey so I have my Nat 5 in Maths and I am doing 5 highers in Human Bio, Chemistry, Physics, Spanish and ESOL. My aim us for medicine at either Uni of Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen or Dundee but My other choices are Nursing and Optometry at GCU
chubchubbs
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey so I have my Nat 5 in Maths and I am doing 5 highers in Human Bio, Chemistry, Physics, Spanish and ESOL. My aim us for medicine at either Uni of Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen or Dundee but My other choices are Nursing and Optometry at GCU
I also would like to do medicine as well and those options seem pretty solid. Just to check what grade did you get for Nat 5 maths? And have you researched/asked if ESOL counts as an English higher?
Luna003
Rep:
?
(Original post by chubchubbs)
I also would like to do medicine as well and those options seem pretty solid. Just to check what grade did you get for Nat 5 maths? And have you researched/asked if ESOL counts as an English higher?
I got An A for Nat 5 Maths and I am yet to ask of the accept ESOL as a substitute for English.
chubchubbs
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I got An A for Nat 5 Maths and I am yet to ask of the accept ESOL as a substitute for English.
If you wish to take an essay based higher, I'd recommend two advanced highers from Chemistry/Biology/Physics (just pick the ones you're most likely to get an A in or enjoy the most). As unis are looking for science subjects in advanced highers. I believe RMPS and history are good options, just again, pick the subject you enjoy the most/best at. If ESOL doesn't count as English than just do nat 5 English as well as a higher, but hopefully it would.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (407)
68.06%
No (191)
31.94%

Watched Threads