Blood tests

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I went GP on Monday with distended abdo and visible lump, i had my bloods taken on Wednesday the GP phoned me on Friday made appointment for Monday morning should i be worried
macpatgh-Sheldon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

Best option is to speak to the GP t-rrow, and be frank. If it was something urgent, he/she would likely have advised more expedient action e.g. Walk-in Ctre OR A & E. The possible causes depend on several factors - your age e.g. some diseases are more common ion older people e.g. most cancers], gender [e.g. it could be a gynaecological problem], where on abdomen distension + lump are, is there any pain, any other symptoms e.g. blood per rectum OR constipation/feeling nauseated, any recent change in weight, lethargy, etc etc etc.

IT IS DANGEROUS TO RELY ON REMOTE ADVICE ONLINE, so get professional advice LIVE face to face.

M (former medical student)
Karisa96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Dont overthink things, it could be good news.
Try not to think the worse.
Go tomorrow and see what the GP has to say.
Good luck. X
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I went GP on Monday with distended abdo and visible lump, i had my bloods taken on Wednesday the GP phoned me on Friday made appointment for Monday morning should i be worried
Don't worry about it. It's not going to do you any good. If it was anything really urgent they would have probably sent you to an out of hours. Even if this is something unpleasant they know about it now and that's the first step to getting better.
And of course it could be something totally not a big deal, but because of the unpleasant symptoms they want to deal with it quickly for you.

Whatever it is you'll find out tomorrow. Until then there's nothing you can do so just chill out with some happy movies or something and try not to think about it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (213)
33.65%
No (420)
66.35%

Watched Threads