The Student Room Group

Indian hindu, want to clear up misconceptions- AMA

Ask questions about the protests in India, Modi and anything you want to know.
What do you think of the situation in Kashmir and what do you think the solution should be?
Reply 2
I'm not completely against Kashmir (well, Indian occupied Kashmir atleast) integrating completely into India so I wasn't against the act of abrogation of 370. At the end of the day Indian taxpayers' money has been funding the region for decades (Kashmir gets electricity, food and water subsidised by 60% by the government).
My problem however is the way it was done and what's happening there now. The law was repealed in August and it wasn't until January that hints of normalcy even started. I mean from August to January, there was no communication and no internet (Internet only returned on 31st Jan and that too with loads of restrictions and social media is still off) and hundreds of thousands of military personnel. I can't even begin to imagine what life must have been. And then ofcourse comes the abuses committed by both the Pakistani and Indian army.(Pakistan is just as much to blame for the situation than India)
The solution is getting the state to a fully functional level. Reducing conflict and unrest so tourism can return. Kashmir has a huge tourism industry. And also getting the education sector back on track.
In what was a kinda disappointing 2020 Budget, it was heartening to see almost 40000 cr inr allocated to Kashmir's development.
I'm not very fond of Modi and am skeptical about his slightly Hindu first ideology. Hopefully Kashmir does manage to regain normalcy within this year.
Reply 3
'Slightly' Hindutva ideology?! :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest