U33B
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi, I know that if you suspend your studies it can affect your student finance. I also know that if you suspend your studies due to ill health or other problems you can receive maintenance loan and funding for additional 60 days from the date of suspension. But what I want to know is how do you receive funding for the full duration of the suspension because if I’m not mistaken, I think you can? How does that affect future funding and what are the requirements/eligibility in order to receive full funding whilst studies are suspended due to personal, health reasons? Thanks
Claire SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by U33B)
Hi, I know that if you suspend your studies it can affect your student finance. I also know that if you suspend your studies due to ill health or other problems you can receive maintenance loan and funding for additional 60 days from the date of suspension. But what I want to know is how do you receive funding for the full duration of the suspension because if I’m not mistaken, I think you can? How does that affect future funding and what are the requirements/eligibility in order to receive full funding whilst studies are suspended due to personal, health reasons? Thanks
Hi there,

In order to award support after 60 days or throughout the period of suspension we will need to see further evidence of:

- The reasons for the suspension
- Length of suspension
- Financial Hardship

Until evidence is received we will treat you as a normal suspended student and not award any additional funding. Evidence we could accept would be medical evidence confirming details of your illness along with a letter from your HEP. Each case is reviewed on an individual basis by the team.

External or exam only students, who are not attending their course on a full time basis, or have not suspended their studies for illness, pregnancy,caring responsibilities, financial difficulties, bereavement or premature termination of a work placements are not eligible for living costs support through the period of suspension.

Thanks,
Claire
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (119)
14.29%
I'm not sure (36)
4.32%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (251)
30.13%
I have already dropped out (21)
2.52%
I'm not a current university student (406)
48.74%

Watched Threads