The Student Room Group

whats the exact function of this graph

help
Reply 1
Original post by daisyfleur
help

Do you know anything about it, quadratic, cubic, ...
What points are given and what do they signify?
Reply 2
Original post by mqb2766
Do you know anything about it, quadratic, cubic, ...
What points are given and what do they signify?

no ok
Reply 3
no ok

Which year are you in? You must have some ideas, even if they're wrong?
TBH, you must have covered something recently about sketching graphs / determining coefficients of functions.
Reply 4
Original post by mqb2766
Which year are you in? You must have some ideas, even if they're wrong?
TBH, you must have covered something recently about sketching graphs / determining coefficients of functions.

no
Reply 5
no

If you have absolutely no idea, maybe read your notes first? That way, you'll be able to appreciate the hints given. So some reading on:
* How do you sketch quadratics, cubics etc.
* If you're given points or derivatives on the curve, how do you determine the parameters
Reply 6
Original post by mqb2766
If you have absolutely no idea, maybe read your notes first? That way, you'll be able to appreciate the hints given. So some reading on:
* How do you sketch quadratics, cubics etc.
* If you're given points or derivatives on the curve, how do you determine the parameters

no
Reply 7
no

The forum rules are to give hints and help you solve questions, not do them for you.
So have a look for any standard resources on this (a level?) and ask an appropriate question.
Reply 8
Original post by mqb2766
The forum rules are to give hints and help you solve questions, not do them for you.
So have a look for any standard resources on this (a level?) and ask an appropriate question.

gcse im predicted at a 2 right now
Reply 9

Ok, you still have to have some knowledge to attempt the question. Do some practice sketching cubics / quadratics as per your notes and upload a bit of work. If you've not made some attempt, help will be meaningless.

https://mathsgenie.co.uk/cubic-reciprocal.html
is relevant and is at grade 5

You've not posted the full question?
I thought it was to determine the equation of the graph, but I've just realized that you've not said what the question is.
If it is to determine the equation from the graph, that may be beyond what you're capable of. I'd move on to another question if I was you as there is a fair bit of knowedge required to solve it.
Original post by mqb2766
You've not posted the full question?
I thought it was to determine the equation of the graph, but I've just realized that you've not said what the question is.
If it is to determine the equation from the graph, that may be beyond what you're capable of. I'd move on to another question if I was you as there is a fair bit of knowedge required to solve it.

you dont have to help me im failing in life and will prob end up cleaning ur **** for u so keep progressing
you dont have to help me im failing in life and will prob end up cleaning ur **** for u so keep progressing

its a cubic graph

Advice is that its a hard question for you and you're probably better off spending time on other topics.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest