richard10012
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
In the annual update on the government’s estate strategy, the Cabinet Office said that departments were working “to develop their own relocation plans”, targeting those roles that “do not meet our criteria for requiring a London base”.

The work forms part of the Places for Growth (PfG) scheme, which is the government’s programme to move more civil service roles and public bodies into the regions and nations of the UK to ensure government is better represented across the country and to lower costs. The government’s estate strategy has pledged to move 1,000 posts out of London by 2022, with “thousands more” to follow.

So does this mean there will be less opportunities to work in London in the civil service? How do you know if your job will be moved out of London? What happens if it does? I guess senior jobs will not be moved just AO and EO jobs
Luminosaccio
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
No, there will still be a demand in London, I just think that they are encouraging a less London centric image of the civil service.
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by richard10012)
In the annual update on the government’s estate strategy, the Cabinet Office said that departments were working “to develop their own relocation plans”, targeting those roles that “do not meet our criteria for requiring a London base”.

The work forms part of the Places for Growth (PfG) scheme, which is the government’s programme to move more civil service roles and public bodies into the regions and nations of the UK to ensure government is better represented across the country and to lower costs. The government’s estate strategy has pledged to move 1,000 posts out of London by 2022, with “thousands more” to follow.

So does this mean there will be less opportunities to work in London in the civil service? How do you know if your job will be moved out of London? What happens if it does? I guess senior jobs will not be moved just AO and EO jobs
Mostly back office functions. Not just EOs though. There is no need for SCS for corporate or Ops to be in London.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (45)
24.46%
No, but I have thought about it (49)
26.63%
No (90)
48.91%

Watched Threads