Claudette
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I just wondered what people’s thoughts were on this.
Is it better to have a job in a lovely school but with a different key stage to the one you prefer.
OR
Be in your ideal key stage but in a school that’s less lovely.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Good school everytime. Why would you want to teach nightmare kids in a school that has no systems or support for you? Age is only a number.
FormerTeacher
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Claudette)
Is it better to have a job in a lovely school but with a different key stage to the one you prefer.
OR
Depends what you define as 'less lovely' are you talking about pupil behaviour? Results? Staff? Senior leadership? There are lots of elements that make up your experience at school. How comfortable do you feel in your less favoured key stage? Would that impact on your enjoyment? Is this your first teaching post and if so, can you hold out until something that has a better 'fit' comes along?
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Claudette)
OR
AFIAK you can be moved between key stages at any time anyway at the head's discretion. So I would go for the school you prefer.

However, "less lovely" can mean lots of different things. If you think you might enjoy working in the school still and they are willing to keep you in your key stage long term, then it might be a better fit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (496)
59.76%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.18%
No- I want it (235)
28.31%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.75%

Watched Threads

Latest