My School Refuse To Give Me Study Leave Watch

PeacefulSmile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m in my final year of high school and I honestly don’t think I can keep going for these last 3 months before our exams. I have been crying in pretty much all of my lessons because I can’t take it anymore and the whole school environment I feel is make me ill. I go to bed at 9 but I’m crying myself to sleep practically every night. The only time when I actually “relax” is Friday evening to the end of Saturday but even then I feel terrible.

I spoke to the head of my school and he didn’t do anything for me and simply referred me to someone who works with my year. I have teachers who I’ve spoken to and have told me that they know I’d do my work and revision at home and are doing all they can to help me but the school just refuses to give me study leave and I can’t take much more. I’m breaking and am depressed and this isn’t helping.

I’d do my work and revision at home thoroughly and would email my teachers with any questions I may have. I don’t know what else I can do other than go back in tomorrow and repeat myself again until someone listens.

Evelyn34
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Does everyone else in your year get study leave? Does your school have a school nurse or something like that? If your school has like a school nurse talk to that person because they might be able to see how you are mentally etc and advice you and know what to do.
PeacefulSmile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
They have a school nurse and I’ve been to see them and nothing came out of that. No one in my year receives study leave and we’ve tried, a lot. I just can’t take this anymore. I’m constantly crying and trying so hard and pretty much begging them for study leave because I can’t take the environment anymore at all. I’d work so much better at home in an environment which doesn’t make me ill and I’d stick to my school work and do that and I have teachers who’d know I’d do my work. I’m going to have to go back in tomorrow and basically beg them again because they all just seem to refuse to do anything but “make a revision timetable” but that’s not what I’m asking at all. I can manage my time at home but all they here is “struggling” and suddenly it’s that I can’t handle my time management.
Evelyn34
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
See you doctor and tell the doctor whats going on. The (the doctors) might be able to provide a little more help in the matter because if hte school wont listen or do anything ... Maybe the doctor can help in terms of getting a little help
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I suggest seeing your GP and getting their advice on what's best to do, if you explain how much you're struggling at school then they may be able to write you a letter explaining to your head of year etc why you can't come in anymore unless for exams. If a medical professional is able to give evidence and recommendations then schools tend to generally take their opinion's quite seriously.
Last edited by bones-mccoy; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?