Any questions for me? I’m Italian Watch

Anonymous #3
Report 2 weeks ago
North vs South
Anonymous #3
Report 2 weeks ago
Do Italians have accents in different parts?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
Why did u choose to learn latin when its no longer used?
Frafiglio
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ferrograd)
Do you like/support Salvini?
The vote is secret, some of his ideas ideas are great but others omg totally not. Plus, I don’t like his behaviour. Idk
Frafiglio
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
North vs South
Good question. I’m from the north and I’ve been to the south. People from the south come to the north because here there are so much more possibilities than there. Northern and southern Italians are very different: southern people are more warm hearted but they are ignorant people (not everyone, but most of them), farmers and so on. In the north we may be more snob and cold hearted but we have industries, advanced technology and so on... In the south you have to be very careful as a tourist because there are so much more thieves than in the north but the south is less expensive. I really don’t know what else to say, Italy is beautiful from the north to the south anyways so..
Frafiglio
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Do Italians have accents in different parts?
Yes of course, from town to town and city to city it changes the accent the dialect, every city and every town has its own dialect
Frafiglio
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Why did u choose to learn latin when its no longer used?
Because if you are Italian it is still very useful. I was fascinated by the Latin literature like catullo(read the “CARME 5” by catullo). I was saying that it’s still useful because in the old churches we have or in the manuscripts or the scrolls there are a lot of Latin quotes ect... it’s part of my culture. A lot of Italian words derive from Latin and we use those words a lot, so I told myself: why don’t it study it? And there I go. Also in English there are Latin words for example minimum and maximum.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sumi Shanks)
What is the best time to visit Italy and which is one place we shouldn't miss eating at?
The best time would be around may I think or early June... about the places it depends on where you go.. every city has its own cuisine traditions. try to go to the "osteria" in the city you want to visit... for example, I am from parma and here we have "Osteria dei servi" where they make parmesan food and it tastes soooooooo f*****g good
Anonymous #4
Report 2 weeks ago
Opinions about the mafia? Are you one of them?
Frafiglio
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Opinions about the mafia? Are you one of them?
Of course not. And I’m a little bit offended I mean not every Italian belongs to those criminal associations... it was much more consistent its presence back in the days and especially in the south. Now it still exists and it also has come to the north but if I’m Italian it doesn’t mean that I belong to the mafia..
Anyway, they caused so much trouble...
karelina
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Frafiglio)
Not only football fans I’m afraid... Look, in Italy there is a really big problem: immigration. I’m for immigration of course but many people are not, so they vote for political parties that want black people to return to their country, from where they escaped because of war. It’s a shame. So, I guess that’s it.
Do those from say Milan have some racial prejudice towards people from Sicily, because Sicilians are darker and mixed with north Africans?
Frafiglio
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by karelina)
Do those from say Milan have some racial prejudice towards people from Sicily, because Sicilians are darker and mixed with north Africans?
Not because of that. Because Milan is the north of Italy and it’s really advanced compared to Sicily, which is much more retrograde. People from there are more welcoming towards African people/immigrants than Milanese people..
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Fave Italian band?
karelina
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Not because of that. Because Milan is the north of Italy and it’s really advanced compared to Sicily, which is much more retrograde. People from there are more welcoming towards African people/immigrants than Milanese people..
Ah right yeah I think I've heard that before, that they are seen as "country bumpkins." They are more welcoming to Africans and other immigrants but aren't they the people who voted for Berlusconi and other right wing politicians/parties?
Frafiglio
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by gjd800)
Fave Italian band?
Ehm.. I don’t know... as a solo singer I can tell you but bands Idk, probably Benji&Fede
Frafiglio
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by karelina)
Ah right yeah I think I've heard that before, that they are seen as "country bumpkins." They are more welcoming to Africans and other immigrants but aren't they the people who voted for Berlusconi and other right wing politicians/parties?
Back in the days almost every Italian voted for Berlusconi but nowadays they mostly vote for the left wing parties
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ehm.. I don’t know... as a solo singer I can tell you but bands Idk, probably Benji&Fede
Solo is ok, too!
Frafiglio
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Solo is ok, too!
Ultimo is FANTASTIC, Tiziano Ferro AMAZING, but you should also listen to Vasco Rossi’s “Alba Chiara”, or idk, Emma Marrone, Alessandra Amoroso
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ultimo is FANTASTIC, Tiziano Ferro AMAZING, but you should also listen to Vasco Rossi’s “Alba Chiara”, or idk, Emma Marrone, Alessandra Amoroso
Cheers

I've got some Vssco Rossi stuff, as it happens!
Frafiglio
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Cheers

I've got some Vssco Rossi stuff, as it happens!
What do you have?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (493)
59.61%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.2%
No- I want it (235)
28.42%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.77%

Watched Threads