The Student Room Group

Any questions for me? I’m Italian

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Frafiglio
A LOT! Even though sometimes other countries make things up and call these dishes “Italian”. For example Spaghetti with Meatballs here don’t exist, it would be an offense to offer something like that. We do have spaghetti and we do have meatballs but we never mix them together. Another example is Hawaiian Pizza, I mean pizza with pineapple. I’ve been told it’s Italian but it’s not. It’s a blasphemy😂😂

But anyway, I’m really proud of that

And here it comes again, the (indirect) anti-Pizza Hawaii statement!

Are you even proud of your capital, Rome? I mean, come on! The ancient Rome was an impressive empire.
Of course not. And I’m a little bit offended I mean not every Italian belongs to those criminal associations... it was much more consistent its presence back in the days and especially in the south. Now it still exists and it also has come to the north but if I’m Italian it doesn’t mean that I belong to the mafia..
Anyway, they caused so much trouble...

Didn’t mean to offend sorry :frown: meant it in a jokey kind of way but anyway it’s interesting to hear your opinion so thanks.
Original post by Kallisto
And here it comes again, the (indirect) anti-Pizza Hawaii statement!

Are you even proud of your capital, Rome? I mean, come on! The ancient Rome was an impressive empire.

Of course I am, how could I not be? Rome is breathtaking
Original post by Anonymous
Didn’t mean to offend sorry :frown: meant it in a jokey kind of way but anyway it’s interesting to hear your opinion so thanks.

Now I feel bad and guilty, I’m so sorry for the tone I used but we are very sensible to this issue 😩😩
Of course I am, how could I not be? Rome is breathtaking

I rather reffered to the historical meaning, lesser to the city Rome itself. Are you interest in the ancient history of the Romans anyway?
Now I feel bad and guilty, I’m so sorry for the tone I used but we are very sensible to this issue 😩😩

No it’s fine don’t worry, sometimes it’s hard to convey tone and emotions through text
I rather reffered to the historical meaning, lesser to the city Rome itself. Are you interest in the ancient history of the Romans anyway?

Of course, and it’s also a compulsory/mandatory course to study our history at school. Everyone must know the history of the Romans, even the most uneducated people know it✌🏻
No it’s fine don’t worry, sometimes it’s hard to convey tone and emotions through text

Thanks for your understanding!!😘
Of course, and it’s also a compulsory/mandatory course to study our history at school. Everyone must know the history of the Romans, even the most uneducated people know it✌🏻

And what about Italian literature? are the ancient Roman poets, Horaz, Vergil, Tibull and Ovid for instance also compulsory at Italian school?
And what about Italian literature? are the ancient Roman poets, Horaz, Vergil, Tibull and Ovid for instance also compulsory at Italian school?

yes, every school has a compulsory subject from the 6th grade that is Italian language and literature: you start from the most ancient potes/writers till the 13th grade were you study the most recent ones and even contemporary. Although, in the 9th grade, when we start Latin, we study a lot of poets that wrote in Latin such as Orazio, Catullo, Virgilio in that specific subject (--> Latin) so that we study them by translating their masterpieces.
yes, every school has a compulsory subject from the 6th grade that is Italian language and literature: you start from the most ancient potes/writers till the 13th grade were you study the most recent ones and even contemporary. Although, in the 9th grade, when we start Latin, we study a lot of poets that wrote in Latin such as Orazio, Catullo, Virgilio in that specific subject (--> Latin) so that we study them by translating their masterpieces.

I don't know why I posted it anonymously but it's me ahah sorry
Ask Italian

Spoiler

Original post by Captain.boaty
Ask Italian

Spoiler

I don’t understand, what do you mean?
I don't know why I posted it anonymously but it's me ahah sorry

Back to the history subject in Italian education system again: what is about another periods of time in Italian history, the Middle Ages, Renaissance, industrial revolution, Mussolini's dictatorship? are they compulsory too?
Back to the history subject in Italian education system again: what is about another periods of time in Italian history, the Middle Ages, Renaissance, industrial revolution, Mussolini's dictatorship? are they compulsory too?

Yes, sure, and they are implemented with other subjects. For example when you study the historical part of the Renaissance the involved subject is History, but then is implemented with another subject: Art. You study simultaneously in different subject but in the same months the same historical period l. I don’t know if I made myself clear
Yes, sure, and they are implemented with other subjects. For example when you study the historical part of the Renaissance the involved subject is History, but then is implemented with another subject: Art. You study simultaneously in different subject but in the same months the same historical period l. I don’t know if I made myself clear

Do you understand vegetarianism (lots of my Italian friends don't).
Chicken and pasta - can it ever be acceptable?
Totti - will he always be the best ever?
Original post by Reality Check
Do you understand vegetarianism (lots of my Italian friends don't).
Chicken and pasta - can it ever be acceptable?
Totti - will he always be the best ever?

I don’t understand vegetarianism: why should you deprive yourself of meat? It’s harsh but sooner or later everyone dies, also the animals, so why don’t eat them? It’s in our nature. I respect it anyway!

Not together. Before you eat pasta, and then later you eat chicken!

Totti was fantastic! I don’t know if he will ALWAYS be the best Italian soccer player but he made history!
I don’t understand vegetarianism: why should you deprive yourself of meat? It’s harsh but sooner or later everyone dies, also the animals, so why don’t eat them? It’s in our nature. I respect it anyway!

Not together. Before you eat pasta, and then later you eat chicken!

Totti was fantastic! I don’t know if he will ALWAYS be the best Italian soccer player but he made history!

I agree with all three of these answers. We are friends already. Here, have a grappa!
Original post by Reality Check
I agree with all three of these answers. We are friends already. Here, have a grappa!

Ahahah thanks mate, I offer you limoncello!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending