How do i get better grades in English Literature and Language Watch

zakeeahmad04
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have a target grade of 7, but am always getting grades 5s and 6s when writing an analysis, and I want to get into those grade 7,8 and 9s for English as I am considering taking English Lit for A-levels.
somerandomtom
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Can you include some examples of your work so that I can help thanks. What problems do you usually have? Time management? Not knowing quotes? Not knowing how to analyse them? Thanks!
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
i do english lit at a level so feel free to shoot me with any questions you have!!
make sure your analysis and knowledge of the texts is good. include alternative interpretations where possible as well as methods and authorial intentions
zakeeahmad04
Rep:
?
(Original post by somerandomtom)
Can you include some examples of your work so that I can help thanks. What problems do you usually have? Time management? Not knowing quotes? Not knowing how to analyse them? Thanks!
I have trouble writing a good analysis that can get me a grade 7+ and one that is of high analytical skill that can impress the examiners.
zakeeahmad04
Rep:
?
Hello there, thanks for the advice. Any tips on improving analysis so that it is higher tier, grade 7+ and can really stand out to the examiner.
somerandomtom
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think if you look more into double meanings of words (alternative meanings and stuff) then it helps you to get better grades. Also, don't be afraid to look up stuff online, especially for the poetry, there are lots of advice and analysis that you can use on websites like Genius etc...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (268)
61.05%
Yes- I don't like it (21)
4.78%
No- I want it (117)
26.65%
No- I don't want it (33)