Best tips for motivational questions in online application

Watch
d.peter_davies
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Can you share some tips on what to say in the 'why us?' questions in the online application stage of the recruitment?
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Always mention the company values and how it relates to you in some way and why you would be a good fit. You may also want to mention a recent project they are working on and why you want to be involved in similar projects.
Thornton_P
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by d.peter_davies)
Can you share some tips on what to say in the 'why us?' questions in the online application stage of the recruitment?
I would recommend 3 key things:

1. Use the words that they use on their website, or job description. These words are there for a reason, and tell you about the qualities they value most. Explain why you hold these qualities, using examples of times when you had positive results related to these qualities.

2. Look at their social media page. What content are they publishing? Is it something that excites you? If so, explain your common interest enthusiastically, and how it enthuses you to work for them, and reassures you that you are a great fit for the company ethos.

3. Think about the position, and do research on the way they train you and the ways the position adds value to you. Perhaps they offer a qualification, or regular one to one progression meetings, or exposure to a lot of stakeholders in the company. Explain why their position and training specifically, presents such a great opportunity for your own development, and for you to bring your own expertise to the company.
A_Iqbal786
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by d.peter_davies)
Hey, some great responses here.. all I'd say is make sure you research the company's culture, any recent developments, and its values before submitting any job application. That way, when this kind of question comes up, you have some more ammunition to make things easier. Overall, I'd recommend the following 5 areas:

1. Their organisational culture
2. Recent developments/Impact on the real world
3. Their Values and how these align with your own
4. Educational and working experiences and how these align with the company/its vision
5. Their key competitors as well as their industry position

Above all, make sure to demonstrate your enthusiasm! At the end of an Interview, it's always a good idea to ask your Interviewer some thought-provoking questions (pre-prepared) to showcase your passion and genuine interest in the role.

Hope this helps!

A
Rennaofravenwood
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
As well as all the tips above, be honest! Why did you choose them? There must be at least one reason you chose them over other options.
A_Iqbal786
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Rennaofravenwood)
As well as all the tips above, be honest! Why did you choose them? There must be at least one reason you chose them over other options.
Definitely - the one thing a recruiter can see through is someone who lacks passion for a role!

A
d.peter_davies
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Thank you for your help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (76)
63.33%
I don't have everything I need (44)
36.67%

Watched Threads