Why doesn’t she like me?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Before I begin, of course I’m not expecting her to like me, but I have some genuine questions.

I met a girl in form that I really like. Apart from the fact that I think she’s stunning, we are both always laughing so much whenever we’re in form together. Not many people have ever made me laugh as much as her, and I make her laugh a considerable amount also. Furthermore, she’s extremely intelligent which makes me like her even more because education is something extremely important to me.

We take exactly the same subjects but aren’t in any classes together, and happen to be applying to some of the same unis for the same course (which was completely coincidental). There’s also a lot of eye contact when we talk, but I wouldn’t say any physical contact because it would be weird in form (even tho we sometimes get close). I would note that I have health issues so I’ve missed a lot of sixth form recently because of that so I haven’t seen her in a while.

She doesn’t to have a boyfriend, but she’s very attractive so I wouldn’t be surprised if other boys would also be perusing her. I will also add that I’m black, so I may not be her type physically, which I take no offence to, because a lot of girls I know aren’t really into black men.

I don’t normally get crushes on girls but in this case I really am smitten. With that being said, why do you think she doesn’t seem to feel the same? Although she doesn’t really use social media much, she doesn’t really ever pop up to make conversation, which clearly shows she’s not into me in my opinion. I don’t even mind the fact that she doesn’t seem to reciprocate the feelings I have for her but it hurts because I really do feel that we match.
Yummy Watermelon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Let me say this, girls tend to be shy on their feelings and in general. For all we know she may have the same feelings but doesn’t show them in fear that you don’t feel the same. To really find out I would ask her on a date or something, or even ask her if she feels the same. The worst that could happen is that she doesn’t really like you, but at least you would know.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Yummy Watermelon)
Let me say this, girls tend to be shy on their feelings and in general. For all we know she may have the same feelings but doesn’t show them in fear that you don’t feel the same. To really find out I would ask her on a date or something, or even ask her if she feels the same. The worst that could happen is that she doesn’t really like you, but at least you would know.
(Original post by Yummy Watermelon)
Yes, that really does sound logical. I will try and work up the courage to do so, but things like that can be hard for me when I’m so unsure.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Although she doesn’t really use social media much, she doesn’t really ever pop up to make conversation, which clearly shows she’s not into me in my opinion. I don’t even mind the fact that she doesn’t seem to reciprocate the feelings I have for her but it hurts because I really do feel that we match.
Relationships happen in the real world! Social media presence is not an indicator of interest, and messaging is no substitute for face-to-face conversations in the early days. Ask her out for coffee or lunch.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Surnia)
Relationships happen in the real world! Social media presence is not an indicator of interest, and messaging is no substitute for face-to-face conversations in the early days. Ask her out for coffee or lunch.
Oh wow thanks. Perhaps I over complicated things in my mind because it’s stereotypical for people our age to be using social media a lot. I will try and ask her out the next time I get a chance to talk to her 1 on 1
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh wow thanks. Perhaps I over complicated things in my mind because it’s stereotypical for people our age to be using social media a lot. I will try and ask her out the next time I get a chance to talk to her 1 on 1
Go for it, and good luck! And do suggest a day to meet up rather than "sometime" so things aren't left hanging.

And if it doesn't work out this time, you know you have the confidence to approach a girl next time. :thumbsup:
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Girls of the calibre you describe have a lot of choices and so it can be quite difficult to compete. Also, I would say that instincts if you're in with a chance are usually (but perhaps not always) correct. Why not flirt a bit more and see what happens..
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Zarek)
Girls of the calibre you describe have a lot of choices and so it can be quite difficult to compete. Also, I would say that instincts if you're in with a chance are usually (but perhaps not always) correct. Why not flirt a bit more and see what happens..
Yes, she really is one of a kind. The fact that she cares about her studies so much is honestly such a bonus too because getting the best grades is something that’s so important to me. I wouldn’t be surprised if other guys are going for her, but (as you say) I’ll continue to flirt with her to see how she responds
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Surnia)
Go for it, and good luck! And do suggest a day to meet up rather than "sometime" so things aren't left hanging.

And if it doesn't work out this time, you know you have the confidence to approach a girl next time. :thumbsup:
I’m meeting her this Wednesday to go to a lecture then we might go for dinner. Hopefully it goes well.
emily_000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Before I begin, of course I’m not expecting her to like me, but I have some genuine questions.

I met a girl in form that I really like. Apart from the fact that I think she’s stunning, we are both always laughing so much whenever we’re in form together. Not many people have ever made me laugh as much as her, and I make her laugh a considerable amount also. Furthermore, she’s extremely intelligent which makes me like her even more because education is something extremely important to me.

We take exactly the same subjects but aren’t in any classes together, and happen to be applying to some of the same unis for the same course (which was completely coincidental). There’s also a lot of eye contact when we talk, but I wouldn’t say any physical contact because it would be weird in form (even tho we sometimes get close). I would note that I have health issues so I’ve missed a lot of sixth form recently because of that so I haven’t seen her in a while.

She doesn’t to have a boyfriend, but she’s very attractive so I wouldn’t be surprised if other boys would also be perusing her. I will also add that I’m black, so I may not be her type physically, which I take no offence to, because a lot of girls I know aren’t really into black men.

I don’t normally get crushes on girls but in this case I really am smitten. With that being said, why do you think she doesn’t seem to feel the same? Although she doesn’t really use social media much, she doesn’t really ever pop up to make conversation, which clearly shows she’s not into me in my opinion. I don’t even mind the fact that she doesn’t seem to reciprocate the feelings I have for her but it hurts because I really do feel that we match.
maybe you're not attractive.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by emily_000)
maybe you're not attractive.
I kinda agree tbh. I also live in area where there aren’t many minorities at all, especially of my kind. I don’t take offence at all, but I think I tend not to be people’s types partly because of that too.
emily_000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I kinda agree tbh. I also live in area where there aren’t many minorities at all, especially of my kind. I don’t take offence at all, but I think I tend not to be people’s types partly because of that too.
maybe that it's the case. If so, find someone that doesn't have an issue with it and forget that girl.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (98)
61.64%
No (61)
38.36%

Watched Threads