lost.soul
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm trying to study 9 subjects from scratch and now mocks are here it feels like three weeks are being taken away from revision for actual gcse, because I am not ready for mocks.

I would be by May if i could just concentrate on going through the topics but mocks are stressing me because they're going to hinder my actual revision and make me feel like ****.

By the beginning of March, there'll be much less time to prepare for 9 subjects.

Please help, what do i do?

origamigoose
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
try your best on the mocks but make learning the actual content your main priority. You should do okay on mocks given that you will have had three weeks of content learnt. After mocks, start going into overdrive and get those grades! (Btw, don't let your mock grades, whether they be good or bad, affect how you view the actual exams - just keep pushing ahead
lost.soul
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by origamigoose)
try your best on the mocks but make learning the actual content your main priority. You should do okay on mocks given that you will have had three weeks of content learnt. After mocks, start going into overdrive and get those grades! (Btw, don't let your mock grades, whether they be good or bad, affect how you view the actual exams - just keep pushing ahead
Thanks, it's all getting a bit muddles between so many topics. Today it took me a whole morning to research question 3 of english lang paper 2 and i only did that out of the whole practice paper before i had to move on to other subjects, so it feels like it takes longer for certain subjects.

I'm not going to worry too much about the mocks and just push ahead with the course content of each subject like you say, otherwise i can't focus on both. Thank you
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by lost.soul)
I'm trying to study 9 subjects from scratch and now mocks are here it feels like three weeks are being taken away from revision for actual gcse, because I am not ready for mocks.

I would be by May if i could just concentrate on going through the topics but mocks are stressing me because they're going to hinder my actual revision and make me feel like ****.

By the beginning of March, there'll be much less time to prepare for 9 subjects.

Please help, what do i do?
As has already been said, whilst mocks are important, they are not always a true reflection of how you will do in the real thing, as there is quite a bit of time in between them and May. My best suggestion would be to prioritise the content and subjects you study so that you cover the ones you're least confident first (giving yourself more time to recap them if necessary.

You may find that the mocks are a good opportunity to identify which areas you need to focus on between now and May, so just go in there and do your best with what you know. You might surprise yourself

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (48)
23.76%
No, but I have thought about it (56)
27.72%
No (98)
48.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise