Jimmerm78
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m really confused on how to revise, I see loads of people making notes however I don’t see the point as that’s what’s revision guides are for, I am considering buying flash cards off amazon or something similar, if I just read revision guides and use flash cards and use seneca would that be enough, all I want to do is pass everything lol

alicex6x
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Revision methods are different for everyone, as it depends on how you learn best. Those all sound like great revision methods but make sure to look at actual exam questions too, either practice ones from a revision guide or those from past papers. Past papers and examiners reports can be particularly helpful, as they give you a great insight into what the exam will actually be like. Hope this helps.
clueIxss
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
People often make notes just to bring together all the relevant knowledge from class and textbooks in one resource. It just means it’s all in one place in your own words, so it’s easiest for you to understand and it’s just more practical than flicking through multiple things in my opinion. It’s up to you and all about what works- if you’d prefer using pre-made resources that’s fine too. Revision works best combined with consolidation, so once you revise a topic do some knowledge-based questions to test what you know, then move onto some trickier application ones. Doing full timed past papers once you’ve revised everything is really important to help you understand the exam- it prepares you to sit the exam so you’re used to the environment, and similar questions often appear year on year so it’s good to nail how to do them for easy marks.
TheHeirarchy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Before you buy, look on Quizlet as you can often access home made resources, including flash cards, for free.

It's helpful if you're on a budget, and even of you're not, it's a good resource.

Past papers are also useful.

Hope this helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?