How can I get better at dressing? M25 Watch

accno1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'm a 25M in the city and have come to realise I need to really invest in some good clothes.

I used to buy brands at uni but since I started working from 21 I haven't really bothered much. I have saved a large sum for a deposit and will set it aside for when I probably/hopefully meet someone and I'm ready to settle down. (I will keep adding to it no doubt).

But I really want to start by sorting out my look. I'm Asian and typically it's taking me longer than many other types to lose my baby fat. This has definitely gone now and has been aided by going to the gym etc. I am not ripped by any stretch but I have definitely developed my body.

So my issue is that I haven't invested in pieces and I'm too used to the trainers, jeans, t shirt look. This is good for casual lazy days of course but I'd like to dress a bit better but I struggle to find out how to. I'm just under 5 ft 7 so a lot of styles don't work on shorter guys.

An example would be that I currently wear a 740N schott peacoat to work with a nike sports backpack...

What kind of bag would go with this? https://www.stuartslondon.com/us-740...RoC6IUQAvD_BwE

(and don't ask how I got this coat, it was dirt cheap on black friday! a few years back).

Thanks!
Spanx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Stop letting your mum dress you... (just answering the question posed)

angelike1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Got a Ted Baker messenger bag last week and it was one of the best purchases I've made.
accno1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Spanx)
Stop letting your mum dress you... (just answering the question posed)

Ha Ha...
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
a leather messenger bag or backpack would look nice
accno1
Rep:
?
(Original post by black tea)
a leather messenger bag or backpack would look nice
Would brown still work with that coat? Ideally I want something long lasting for winter and summer
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by accno1)
Would brown still work with that coat? Ideally I want something long lasting for winter and summer
yep, I think it would. Tan would look better than brown though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (529)
66.79%
No (263)
33.21%

Watched Threads