The Student Room Group

Anyone else not like nail polish?

I'm a guy who just doesn't like the look of: red nails, black nails, white nails (etc) on a girl.

It just looks a bit... off? Maybe just a bit too 'unnatural' or artificial.

I do think natural nails look really nice though. They can make a girl look a lot more attractive compared to coloured nails.

Obviously, wear what you want but just curious to know if anyone else feels like this. :confused:

Scroll to see replies

i don't like black and white nails, red looks alright tho, completely agree with u about natural colours
Original post by Anonymous
i don't like black and white nails, red looks alright tho, completely agree with u about natural colours

yeah red looks a bit more normal :yy:
I'm a girl and I really don't like any nail art. : Nail polish , or acrylic nails..
I agree they look too artificial and a bit unnecessary. I also don't like the feel of it . You feel like there is a layer on your nail . It feels clogged and unable to breathe , not to mention heavy . Also how do girls with their long nails do anything ? That can't really peel stuff or such.
So yes I also don't like it :smile: but if others want to do it it's their choice.
Original post by angelike1
I'm a guy who just doesn't like the look of: red nails, black nails, white nails (etc) on a girl.

I do think natural nails look really nice though. They can make a girl look a lot more attractive compared to coloured nails.

Obviously, wear what you want but just curious to know if anyone else feels like this. :confused:

maybe your just gay :s-smilie:
I'm not a fan of nail polish or glitzy nails either tbh, even when done professionally they can look odd.
Not to mention the stuff smells awful.

Yes I agree. My mom gets yellow/orange nails and they are so creepy, imagine paying to get that?? I also don’t like fake eyelashes.
Reply 7
Nah, the weirder the better
I love my nails, am into greys and blues. Pink looks too girly. Yellow makes me look dead, think you need dark skin to pull that look off.
(Nails always short, no nail art, just solid colours and I have worked as an accountant for 20 years)
Never had a guy comment on my nails bar “cool colour”.
My nails are not very long so I have no problems doing things but I love nail varnish and nail art. It’s probably the only girlie thing I do
I am the least girly person ever and like to have my nails short and plain. l'm not too fussed by what other people choose to do with their nails but always intrigued by how they manage to do daily tasks with really long nails
dont mind the colour, just hate fake/ blobby nails too prostitutey
i only like it on acrylic nails.
Original post by MoonlightRain
i only like it on acrylic nails.

eh.... nah its even worse...
Original post by Justmac
I am the least girly person ever and like to have my nails short and plain. l'm not too fussed by what other people choose to do with their nails but always intrigued by how they manage to do daily tasks with really long nails

That's hot.
Original post by MidgetFever
I'm not a fan of nail polish or glitzy nails either tbh, even when done professionally they can look odd.
Not to mention the stuff smells awful.

Same but... I kinda like the smell lmao
Probably not good for you though.
eh.... nah its even worse...

funny how i posted a nails pic a few hours ago:laugh:
I miss my acrylics
Original post by MoonlightRain
funny how i posted a nails pic a few hours ago:laugh:

Yeah I saw that when I posted on your thread lol
I'm not a fan of fake nails, for myself anyway. I love painting my nails though. Right now they're pink and glittery so 🤷*♀️
Original post by Precious Illusions
I'm not a fan of fake nails, for myself anyway. I love painting my nails though. Right now they're pink and glittery so 🤷*♀️

light or dark pink?
light looks ok since it resembles the nail bed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending