The Student Room Group

Mocks vs Real GCSE'S

(edited 3 years ago)
Yes it definitely is. I got sixes in all of my science mocks, then in the real thing got all 8’s
it depends on how much you revise and what you revise. how much do you normally do a week on revision?
Reply 3
Original post by sophiem1012
it depends on how much you revise and what you revise. how much do you normally do a week on revision?

I didn't really revise for my mocks, a did a hours hours revision the day before and few more during the school day. Now I do about 2 hours revision every day of whatever subject I feel like, sometimes more, sometimes less, but I don't really have any motivation to revise:frown:
Original post by palephant
I didn't really revise for my mocks, a did a hours hours revision the day before and few more during the school day. Now I do about 2 hours revision every day of whatever subject I feel like, sometimes more, sometimes less, but I don't really have any motivation to revise:frown:

i know exactly how you feel! i did terrible in my mocks and didn’t revise at all. i’ve started using an app called mystudyplan (it’s through sqa but it doesn’t really affect it) basically you just put in your school subjects and prioritise them by percentage and it builds a time table for you! i also started using mr bruff and free science lessons religiously. i took my my mocks a few months ago and have done another set of papers since and my grade has increased quite a lot so revision alone does a lot for your grades. if you didn’t revise for your mocks then you can definitely do better in the real things. i know 3 months doesn’t sound very much but at the end of it you’ll be surprised by how much you covered. hope this helps :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by blueberrybowl
Yes it definitely is. I got sixes in all of my science mocks, then in the real thing got all 8’s

How much did you revise? :smile:
Original post by palephant
How much did you revise? :smile:

For my mocks, nowhere near as much as my GCSEs. I can’t really put a time amount on how much I revised, but I didn’t revise much outside of school other than the night before the exams. I used to revise during lunch and break at school, go to revision sessions after school, and once the exams started we were able to do revision within our lessons or lesson times we no longer had lessons (because we’d already done the exams)
Reply 7
Original post by sophiem1012
i know exactly how you feel! i did terrible in my mocks and didn’t revise at all. i’ve started using an app called mystudyplan (it’s through sqa but it doesn’t really affect it) basically you just put in your school subjects and prioritise them by percentage and it builds a time table for you! i also started using mr bruff and free science lessons religiously. i took my my mocks a few months ago and have done another set of papers since and my grade has increased quite a lot so revision alone does a lot for your grades. if you didn’t revise for your mocks then you can definitely do better in the real things. i know 3 months doesn’t sound very much but at the end of it you’ll be surprised by how much you covered. hope this helps :smile:

thank you ! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest