tealover99
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have recently been accepted into a postgrad course at Glasgow Uni. The fees are £6,500 and I can loan up to £5,500 from SAAS but I still need a further £1,000. I am wondering if anyone knows of any scholarships available to Scottish students?
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by tealover99)
I have recently been accepted into a postgrad course at Glasgow Uni. The fees are £6,500 and I can loan up to £5,500 from SAAS but I still need a further £1,000. I am wondering if anyone knows of any scholarships available to Scottish students?
If your already getting money from 1 pot it may be harder to get a 2nd scholarship as often these are capped to 1 funding source... (but worth giving it a search through google, and on uni pages, or even go on the accrediting organisations website)

yopu may have to get a job over the summer and save up...
tealover99
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
How do I find out if I am only allowed to use one source of funding? I do have a job and I am saving up currently incase I can’t get another loan/funding but I would rather try and get another loan etc so I don’t need to pay a big lump sum out my own pocket.
Question??
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There is no rule to to say you can only fund your course via once method/provider.
Research your options and identify who you want to contact for funding. Your applications need to be tailored to each.

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/postgrad...-and-bursaries
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by tealover99)
How do I find out if I am only allowed to use one source of funding? I do have a job and I am saving up currently incase I can’t get another loan/funding but I would rather try and get another loan etc so I don’t need to pay a big lump sum out my own pocket.
Its not strictly limited to 1 funding source, its just many (not all) scholarships will have that stipulation in an effort to share out scholarship funds.

Have a look through google, accreditors, glasgow uni website etc and see what you can find.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (334)
66.27%
No (170)
33.73%

Watched Threads