Stress? depression? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have communication problems. I can't always say what I feel or what is bothering me. I feel depressed most of time and I wish I can talk to someone about it. But when I try, it doesn't always come out right and sometimes I don't even know why I feel depressed.

I have also isolated myself from anyone as I am resitting and I want to concentrate - but it only made things worse. My studies are fine, but I am struggling mentally. I feel like bursting into tears sometimes for no reason. I go gym and I like going gym. But my entire day is taken up by going gym and doing 4 alevels.

I think I am developing anger problems too... I find it harder to control my anger and I get irritated at smallest things. I also had bad childhood (separation from family) - so I don't feel like talking to my family (I don't feel that trust, i ygm)

I don't know what kind of responses I am looking for... but I just had to say this
Johnny Tightlips
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have communication problems. I can't always say what I feel or what is bothering me. I feel depressed most of time and I wish I can talk to someone about it. But when I try, it doesn't always come out right and sometimes I don't even know why I feel depressed.

I have also isolated myself from anyone as I am resitting and I want to concentrate - but it only made things worse. My studies are fine, but I am struggling mentally. I feel like bursting into tears sometimes for no reason. I go gym and I like going gym. But my entire day is taken up by going gym and doing 4 alevels.

I think I am developing anger problems too... I find it harder to control my anger and I get irritated at smallest things. I also had bad childhood (separation from family) - so I don't feel like talking to my family (I don't feel that trust, i ygm)

I don't know what kind of responses I am looking for... but I just had to say this
You probably have clinical depression. I would talk to a GP or therapist. Try and really think where it stems from (though I'd probably guess your childhood played a part)
And yeah it's a vicious cycle: depression leads to isolation which leads to more depression. Talk to someone irl asap.
Last edited by Johnny Tightlips; 2 weeks ago
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Having a bad childhood can cause mental health issues, so that could be why (partially or fully). Do you feel like you're more able to get your thoughts down on paper? If not, then perhaps work on that and then taking the paper to your GP. Prompts could be symptoms you struggle with, what makes things worse/better, relationships (Friends, family, boyfriend/girlfriend/etc.), trauma, etc..

The more you speak (either to a person or just writing your thoughts out) the easier it will get to speak to people like your GP.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (484)
59.53%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.29%
No- I want it (232)
28.54%
No- I don't want it (54)
6.64%

Watched Threads