How to overcome anxiety? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have anxiety and I don't know how to overcome it. I hate suspense, unless its in a film or tv show. And I always expect the worst to happen, especially since I am resitting..
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
Stay positive & be happy!! You got this. Life comes once and you can make it right by staying strong 💓💓💓
Analyst89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Be optimistic, positive and there are many many options.

You should go to a doctor regarding your anxiety.
Psychetechne
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Just to reiterate going to the doctor or, to makes things even easier, you can look up your local psychological wellbeing service. If you’re aged 16 or over you can self-refer, either to CAMHS or, if you’re 18 or over, to IAPT.

CAMHS https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/ot...tionSearch/691
IAPT https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/ot...onSearch/10008

It’s not as straight forward as just putting a smile on your face (although there is plenty of evidence to suggest forcing a smile on your face does improve your mood), but it is also the case that doing nothing is unlikely to improve your situation. If you seek help (and you should, as should anyone, even with mild anxiety) you’ll be given the appropriate training and tools to manage (and perhaps even overcome) your anxiety...

In the interim you might like to talk to your family or loved ones more openly about your mental health (don’t buy into the stigma), try not to avoid the things that cause it to be triggered (avoidance is the enemy), and research and practice something called “mindfulness”.

Best wishes.
MoonlightRain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Listen to songs
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (478)
59.38%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.34%
No- I want it (231)
28.7%
No- I don't want it (53)
6.58%

Watched Threads