stressed101010
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I've started revising for my mocks with freesciencelessons by making flash cards and notes. Should I note down everything on screen? How many flash cards should I be making for each video?
mypwnsupport
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
You're definitely doing the right thing, keep that up.
.unknown
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
What I did to get 9s was make notes on everything on the screen and just memorised them.
stressed101010
Rep:
?
(Original post by .unknown)
What I did to get 9s was make notes on everything on the screen and just memorised them.
ok thank you. how did you memorize the facts? flash cards?
help_bot2021
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Freesciencelessons is great, but take this advice:

My Chemistry teacher has been teaching for over 45 years... She told me once:

"Don't waste time using anything to revise except 3 things:
1. Test Papers: Do all the possible test papers out there... AQA, EDEXCEL, OCR... 9-1...A*-G... because there is only so much the examiners can throw at students before they have looked at every possible question! She has told me that numerous students have walked out of the real examinations telling her that they have already done the exam before... They hadn't obviously... The questions were similar.
2. Revision Guide: Keep it next to you and use that to answer the questions in the tests you are doing at home
3. Freesciencelessons: No fluff! Gets straight to the point! The best option for anyone trying to memorize practicals and tests and certain topics etc."
stressed101010
Rep:
?
(Original post by SALMAAN_SOG)
Freesciencelessons is great, but take this advice:

My Chemistry teacher has been teaching for over 45 years... She told me once:

"Don't waste time using anything to revise except 3 things:
1. Test Papers: Do all the possible test papers out there... AQA, EDEXCEL, OCR... 9-1...A*-G... because there is only so much the examiners can throw at students before they have looked at every possible question! She has told me that numerous students have walked out of the real examinations telling her that they have already done the exam before... They hadn't obviously... The questions were similar.
2. Revision Guide: Keep it next to you and use that to answer the questions in the tests you are doing at home
3. Freesciencelessons: No fluff! Gets straight to the point! The best option for anyone trying to memorize practicals and tests and certain topics etc."
thanks for all the advice. i would use past papers but theres only so many and I want to save them for my real exams, not my mocks. (and my mock might be one of those papers)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (10)
15.15%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (12)
18.18%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (29)
43.94%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (12)
18.18%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (3)
4.55%

Watched Threads