The Student Room Group

Modern Studies Assignment

Hello, I am doing my higher modern studies assignment and I’m honestly so stuck, can anyone help?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by dtr1655
Hello, I am doing my higher modern studies assignment and I’m honestly so stuck, can anyone help?

What do you need help with?
Original post by dtr1655

what kinda help do you need? i got 30/30 last year so hopefully i can give you some advice!
Original post by leylaaa23
what kinda help do you need? i got 30/30 last year so hopefully i can give you some advice!

Sorry for butting in haha but I'm on the same boat. I'm sort of struggling as well. So I'm at a stage where I've finished doing arguments for and against my 3 options and then come to a conclusion by deciding on one of the options. I'm fairly sure that's the way it's supposed to be set out. However I've not included my sources at all throughout the assignment and I'm not really sure how the appendix works. Would it be possible if you could help me regarding how to include your sources throughout the assignment and what to put in the appendix. Thanks for your help :smile:
Original post by Rory 1884
Sorry for butting in haha but I'm on the same boat. I'm sort of struggling as well. So I'm at a stage where I've finished doing arguments for and against my 3 options and then come to a conclusion by deciding on one of the options. I'm fairly sure that's the way it's supposed to be set out. However I've not included my sources at all throughout the assignment and I'm not really sure how the appendix works. Would it be possible if you could help me regarding how to include your sources throughout the assignment and what to put in the appendix. Thanks for your help :smile:

happy to help! so your sources should be mentioned throughout your assignment, so for an example this was part of my option one in my argument for;
1. An argument to support the introduction of compulsory voting is that the current turnout in the UK is far too low and compulsory voting would fix this issue. As shown in Source I, the 2015 election saw a 68.8% turnout rate, which is the highest turnout rate since the beginning of the century.

i would very much recommend setting it out like this as it helps the marker identify what source you are using and why it helps with your argument. for the appendix, i would label your sources out as you found them, it doesn’t have to go in the order that they appear in your assignment! if you need any more directed help, feel free to drop me a message as i’d be happy to help!
happy to help! so your sources should be mentioned throughout your assignment, so for an example this was part of my option one in my argument for;
1. An argument to support the introduction of compulsory voting is that the current turnout in the UK is far too low and compulsory voting would fix this issue. As shown in Source I, the 2015 election saw a 68.8% turnout rate, which is the highest turnout rate since the beginning of the century.

i would very much recommend setting it out like this as it helps the marker identify what source you are using and why it helps with your argument. for the appendix, i would label your sources out as you found them, it doesn’t have to go in the order that they appear in your assignment! if you need any more directed help, feel free to drop me a message as i’d be happy to help!

Thank you for your help. This might be a big ask but would it be possible to send a copy of your assignment (or possibly a plan of some sort) so I can clearly see the lay out - as yours was perfect 30/30!

If not no worries, I think I get it now. So presumably having 6 or 7 sources to link to in your appendix is about right?
Thank you for your help. This might be a big ask but would it be possible to send a copy of your assignment (or possibly a plan of some sort) so I can clearly see the lay out - as yours was perfect 30/30!

If not no worries, I think I get it now. So presumably having 6 or 7 sources to link to in your appendix is about right?

if i have my full assignment then i’ll send it over, i’ll just need to have a look through all my old files!
and i think i had 7-8 sources so yeah, 6-7 would be fine
if i have my full assignment then i’ll send it over, i’ll just need to have a look through all my old files!
and i think i had 7-8 sources so yeah, 6-7 would be fine

Terrific, thank you!
Terrific, thank you!

great, i’ve sent you a message on here!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending