The Student Room Group

Keeping a language

How do people go about keeping their languages up over time? I've found that I tend to let a language slip if I get busy or learn another one. Do any of you have any tips to keep it going?
Reply 1
Hello!
Make you sure you keep practising it by speaking the language as much as you can. If your family speak it, then only speak to them in the language you are referring to. Or just simply be exposed to it more like watching movies in that language. I’m in the same boat as you, but I find that doing this helps.
`
Original post by Anonymous7271
Make you sure you keep practising it by speaking the language as much as you can. If your family speak it, then only speak to them in the language you are referring to. Or just simply be exposed to it more like watching movies in that language. I’m in the same boat as you, but I find that doing this helps.

That's a good idea, thank you! I speak a few languages so it's hard to keep up with them. I tend to listen to audio books in a language when I'm learning it, so I'll try to take that up again! What languages do you speak?
Original post by Rennaofravenwood
`

That's a good idea, thank you! I speak a few languages so it's hard to keep up with them. I tend to listen to audio books in a language when I'm learning it, so I'll try to take that up again! What languages do you speak?

Good! Keep up with that.
I speak Arabic and study German at school, so I totally understand that it is hard to keep up sometimes especially when you speak multiple. What languages do you speak?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending