Random_101
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have my AS level mock exams tomorrow it doesnt really account for anything official. It's just for my school to see how we're progressing.

Unfortunately for me, I literally caught a cold on today and am feeling so down. I haven't been able to properly revise at all. Would it be bad to miss my exams if i still feel sick tomorrow or is it not that big a deal?

Btw i have a biology and history exam tomorrow
Dancer2001
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They will probably want you to take the exam once you’re well, like later in the week. If you would do better that way, it won’t really affect much. Just email your teachers to let them know.
Last edited by Dancer2001; 1 week ago
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Random_101)
I have my AS level mock exams tomorrow it doesnt really account for anything official. It's just for my school to see how we're progressing.

Unfortunately for me, I literally caught a cold on today and am feeling so down. I haven't been able to properly revise at all. Would it be bad to miss my exams if i still feel sick tomorrow or is it not that big a deal?

Btw i have a biology and history exam tomorrow
Is this a convenient cold to get you out of something you dont want to do or a genuine cold?

If you are capable just go & do the mock, you will just have to do an alternative paper by yourself at a later date if you dont anyway. The sooner you do it, the sooner you can find at where your at.
Random_101
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by mnot)
Is this a convenient cold to get you out of something you dont want to do or a genuine cold?

If you are capable just go & do the mock, you will just have to do an alternative paper by yourself at a later date if you dont anyway. The sooner you do it, the sooner you can find at where your at.
No like I'm genuinely not feeling great, trust me I'd rather do the exam tomorrow too. I don't want to prolong it any longer than needed but i just feel so drowsy. And it doesnt help that my asthma gets worse when i have a cold
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Random_101)
No like I'm genuinely not feeling great, trust me I'd rather do the exam tomorrow too. I don't want to prolong it any longer than needed but i just feel so drowsy. And it doesnt help that my asthma gets worse when i have a cold
go to sleep, when you wake up have a paracetamol or something, its probably just nerves
logboi13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Having a cold or a flu can trigger asthmatic symptoms and make them worse. People with asthma have weak immune systems and will catch them frequently. Plus they are at more of a risk of having an asthma attack when they do.I was in the same boat, I have asmtha and a chest infection but forced myself to go in to take an A2 mock exam a couple of days ago and it was horrible. I nearly had an attack walking to my college - a street away. In short always prioritise your asthma and treat it seriously. You can't get an education when you can't even breathe.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (234)
67.24%
No (114)
32.76%

Watched Threads