The Student Room Group

corner shop takeaway

i wish there was a takeaway that was literally just for corner shop stuff. loo roll, milk, bread, washing up liquid etc. it would be so handy not just for lazy people like myself but for the elderly/disabled/unwell.
im aware supermarkets deliver but they wont come to your house instantly to deliver just a few cheap items will they
(edited 4 years ago)
Sounds like a good business idea...
Reply 2
There’s always supermarkets that deliver groceries/other things you’ve listed? E.g. Asda
I mean fair enough, but what about supermarket deliveries? I know the delivery price can be quite hefty and you have to order a certain amount of items, but hey ho!
Supermarket deliveries?
Reply 5
i know supermarkets deliver but what about if its like 11pm and you have nothing in for ur kids school lunch or youre out of toilet paper or whatever, just the small items. youre not gonna wanna pay a minimum of £25 just to get some basic things
Original post by AbbieClair
i know supermarkets deliver but what about if its like 11pm and you have nothing in for ur kids school lunch or youre out of toilet paper or whatever, just the small items. youre not gonna wanna pay a minimum of £25 just to get some basic things

As a parent I can honestly say that I always had food for packed lunches.
You just need to get organised.
I think a better idea would be a drive-thru supermarket. How about phoning ahead with your order (must be 10 items or less), and when you arrive there they have it ready for you at a hatch. It would be like Argos but with food.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Joe Frazier
I think a better idea would be a drive-thru supermarket. How about phoning ahead with your order (must be 10 items or less), and when you arrive there they have it ready for you at a hatch. It would be like Argos but with food.

I like the sound of that
i wish there was a takeaway that was literally just for corner shop stuff. loo roll, milk, bread, washing up liquid etc. it would be so handy not just for lazy people like myself but for the elderly/disabled/unwell.
im aware supermarkets deliver but they wont come to your house instantly to deliver just a few cheap items will they

amazon do 2 hour delivery in some cities for this stuff...

Loads of conershops where I am. More expensive though. Supermarkets have killed them.
Maybe just be organised so you dont run out of milk or toilet roll?
Reply 11
that's a little easier said than done for some folks

Quick Reply

Latest