oopsiedmygapyear
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Feel very lost with the whole process - looking online has only confused me more. No CV, have about 6 months of hospital voluntary experience. Need a job - can someone point me in the right direction? Do I go to a job agency??
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Start by writing a CV; there are plenty of examples online. Put everything on there, qualifications and experience, and use it as your baseline; you can then tailor it to suit each job application.

Also understand how to write a cover letter; again, there are plenty of examples online.

What sort of jobs are you looking for? Yes, you can go to a job agency, but have a CV ready to take and check in advance about any other paperwork they want, eg any forms of ID. There are lots of online jobsites you can register with, but again that needs a CV; Indeed, Monster, Hales, Reed to name a few. You can then narrow down your choices online by type and location. Registering means you'll get emails about possible jobs rather than scouring through lots of job adverts. Have you been to your job centre?

Job-hunting can be a drawn-out and tiring process, so plan your time and allocate part of your day to the search, but have some me-time to exercise, and do some other activities to boost your CV, eg volunteering, courses online or at your local library/community centre.
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
To start - where in the country are you, how old are you and what qualifications do you have?
oopsiedmygapyear
Rep:
?
(Original post by ajj2000)
To start - where in the country are you, how old are you and what qualifications do you have?
In the North West, 19, 4 A-Levels at A-A*
oopsiedmygapyear
Rep:
?
(Original post by Surnia)
Start by writing a CV; there are plenty of examples online. Put everything on there, qualifications and experience, and use it as your baseline; you can then tailor it to suit each job application.

Also understand how to write a cover letter; again, there are plenty of examples online.

What sort of jobs are you looking for? Yes, you can go to a job agency, but have a CV ready to take and check in advance about any other paperwork they want, eg any forms of ID. There are lots of online jobsites you can register with, but again that needs a CV; Indeed, Monster, Hales, Reed to name a few. You can then narrow down your choices online by type and location. Registering means you'll get emails about possible jobs rather than scouring through lots of job adverts. Have you been to your job centre?

Job-hunting can be a drawn-out and tiring process, so plan your time and allocate part of your day to the search, but have some me-time to exercise, and do some other activities to boost your CV, eg volunteering, courses online or at your local library/community centre.
Thanks, I'll start by writing a CV.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (46)
37.7%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (12)
9.84%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.1%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
23.77%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (20)
16.39%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.2%

Watched Threads