Is the Result of the EU Referendum Temporary & Circumstantial? Watch

Lucifer323
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Here we examine whether the result of the EU Referendum is temporary and Circumstantial.

Given that many votes were stolen by an orchestrated propaganda machine which targeted it's audience with oversimplified arguments based on deception, lies, half truths and exaggerations, as well as populist ideas, mainly originating from the right wing and ultra right wing circles, and given the small margin of the vote, we can argue that the result is temporary and circumstantial after relentless propaganda over a period of years which demonized the EU, the European States, and the European Citizens who live in the UK.

Democracy doesn't depend on deception & lies as well as propaganda and brainwash at an Astronomical Level.

The result of this referendum should have been advisory and then we could have had another one two or three years after and even another teo years after in order to see in a period of 5-6 years if this was really what the UK wanted.

An example where referendums are common is Switzerland where in 2018 they held several referendums. Obviously it is harder to hold several referendums here in the UK in a year but we could have had 2-3 in a period of 5-6 years.

If we had a referendum for Monarchy for example I believe that no matter how many times e repeated the experiment the outcome would have been in favour of Monarchy. However here it is very likely to go either way given the dynamics which have been formef over the last couple of years.

Finally Mr Cameron didn't give the chance to the young people who were 16 and above to vote and neither to the 3 million plus Europeans who work and pay taxes in this country.

Same obligations just slightly different rights as it seems.

By the way thanks for posting in my other two threads regardless of the usual disagreements
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Speaking to Europeans in this country I can say that they don't really understand how this went through and then became a law.

I don't understand it either to be honest as not so much on the result but the way it was achieved.

Imagine cheating at your exams in Uni and the grades you got and the methods you used are not challenged, later validated by your Department and the Academic Registrar and finally on the basis of your results you also get a prize for being an outstanding student and a scholarship to study further....
ColinDent
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Lucifer323)
Speaking to Europeans in this country I can say that they don't really understand how this went through and then became a law.

I don't understand it either to be honest as not so much on the result but the way it was achieved.

Imagine cheating at your exams in Uni and the grades you got and the methods you used are not challenged, later validated by your Department and the Academic Registrar and finally on the basis of your results you also get a prize for being an outstanding student and a scholarship to study further....
52 trolling posts and counting.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
52 trolling posts and counting.
52. 😂😂.

To the OP

The referendum was advisory mate... although ignoring it would have been pointless and unleash mayhem.
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Mr Colin Dent,

I think that there is no better trolling that a couple of middle age Brexiteers who appear in every Thread trying to promote their Brexit Views in student related forums.
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Yes all referendums are advisory in nature .Let me clarify .Here however we knew that this will become law and create mayhem. That's what I meant.
The result is temporary and circumstantial.

Coming to my last reply, is it strange that all these Brexiteers are coming to student threads when they maybe middle aged nen and try to promote their Brexit Views by calling everyone else a troll when at the same time they are the ones who are the real trolls.

You have to be trolling yourself if you think that Brexit will be vebeficial Andrew a Government lead by Johnson and the likes of Priti Patel and Rees Mogg will be protecting and promoting the interests of the working class.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Mr Colin Dent,

I think that there is no better trolling that a couple of middle age Brexiteers who appear in every Thread trying to promote their Brexit Views in student related forums.
Hmm, nice try.
By the way, this response is proof enough that you have another account on here, which particular other username do you go by?
Last edited by ColinDent; 1 week ago
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
No I don't have any other account. How did you come up with this?

I was obviously referring to Mr Burton Bridge who in a reply to said that me and him have an difference.

I am also replying to you in relation to the troll thing...
Yes indeed when I say we all know Europeans is because many of us are University students where there is a substantial number of EU Students and lecturers who all together don't know his to deal with this anomaly, populism, and nationslina that is distinct by now.

Obviously these views don't represent the vast majority of the UK Students who in more than 95% are sgainst Brexit against Nationalism and most of us against the Circus of Charlatans in Westninster .

How else could it be?! Universities are for people who think. Sensible people don't buy this propaganda.

Now the situation maybe a little different in the local pub....
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Excuse me for the typing as I write fast and my mobile phone doesn't always agree with what I want to write
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
We have left the political structures of the EU, let's hope we get a good trade deal.

We won't be back, as no party advocating this over even the next 20 years will get voted into power.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No I don't have any other account. How did you come up with this?

I was obviously referring to Mr Burton Bridge who in a reply to said that me and him have an difference.

I am also replying to you in relation to the troll thing...
Yes indeed when I say we all know Europeans is because many of us are University students where there is a substantial number of EU Students and lecturers who all together don't know his to deal with this anomaly, populism, and nationslina that is distinct by now.

Obviously these views don't represent the vast majority of the UK Students who in more than 95% are sgainst Brexit against Nationalism and most of us against the Circus of Charlatans in Westninster .

How else could it be?! Universities are for people who think. Sensible people don't buy this propaganda.

Now the situation maybe a little different in the local pub....
I was originally thinking Vinny but he displays a level of humour so that rules him out.
That I feel leaves Queenie due to the excessive levels of vitriol and disdain shown towards anyone that dares to have had a different life experience and drawn different conclusions to himself.
Do I get my fiver?
Burton Bridge
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I was originally thinking Vinny but he displays a level of humour so that rules him out.
That I feel leaves Queenie due to the excessive levels of vitriol and disdain shown towards anyone that dares to have had a different life experience and drawn different conclusions to himself.
Do I get my fiver?
Lol you might be onto something there, plus he seems to have issue with me or the tigser he dont like me much, quote sweet really
Last edited by Burton Bridge; 1 week ago
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
Lol you might be onto something there, plus he seems to have issue with me Quite sweet really:lol:
Not so much with myself as it appears he's forgotten my name 😭
For someone that's joined in the last week or so he does display a remarkable knowledge of our ages, something which although I've never hidden, I haven't mentioned on here for some months now.
Pencil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
When there's a public vote, it's entirely down to the voter. That's freedom.

Some people might choose to research the topic, some might vote on a whim and some might do exactly what the news propaganda machine tells them. At the end of the day, every individual is entirely free to reach a conclusion that they feel is right - stupid people, intelligent people, teens, the elderly, everyone. That's democracy.

When you start factoring in probablys, maybes, this and that, with the intention of corrupting the idea of free voting, when ultimately, it's because you disagree with the outcome of a vote, that's when problems start.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Not so much with myself as it appears he's forgotten my name 😭
For someone that's joined in the last week or so he does display a remarkable knowledge of our ages, something which although I've never hidden, I haven't mentioned on here for some months now.
Mmm also his knowledge is remarkably low, coincidence?
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Hello Mr Burton,

No I am not someone else it's myself.
Since you follow all the threads including mine and you like to convince us of your Brexit views and you have written ling replies to me, that's why I reply to you too.

You also seem to have debates will many others who are remainers all over the place.

Some you have called Bigots, some other trolls like myself. None of us is a Bigot or Troll, simply we find the idea of Brexit loudicrous and very damaging.

You need to reflect on what you are saying sometimes .You see right wing views and Brexit are not very popular in Universities and among University Cycles.

Brexit and right or ultra right wing views are popular at my local pub...
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
As for the question whether the result of the referendum is temporary and circumstantial. Yes indeed it is .

Someone above I believe has mentioned whether our discussions try to change the vote of the people .Far from it. We just criticize the idiocy and stupidity of those who voted for Brexit for whatever reasons.

David Cameron should have never given the vote to uninformed individuals.

There were thousands of diplomats who served in the European Union and thousands of experts in EU Law. They could have explained whether membership in the EU was in favour or not of the National Interest. If it was by the way they would have claimed it long time ago and make it available to the public .
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
As for the question whether the result of the referendum is temporary and circumstantial. Yes indeed it is .

Someone above I believe has mentioned whether our discussions try to change the vote of the people .Far from it. We just criticize the idiocy and stupidity of those who voted for Brexit for whatever reasons.

David Cameron should have never given the vote to uninformed individuals.

There were thousands of diplomats who served in the European Union and thousands of experts in EU Law. They could have explained whether membership in the EU was in favour or not of the National Interest. If it was by the way they would have claimed it long time ago and make it available to the public .
And you wonder why we accuse you of trolling.

65 and counting.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
And you wonder why we accuse you of trolling.

65 and counting.
Bang on, the links to the queenie are vast, particularly with appearance in the religion threads supporting his inflexible views on religion.

Dont get sucked in fella, leave him/her to it!

Hello Mr Burton,

No I am not someone else it's myself.
Since you follow all the threads including mine and you like to convince us of your Brexit views and you have written ling replies to me, that's why I reply to you too.

You also seem to have debates will many others who are remainers all over the place.

Some you have called Bigots, some other trolls like myself. None of us is a Bigot or Troll, simply we find the idea of Brexit loudicrous and very damaging.

You need to reflect on what you are saying sometimes .You see right wing views and Brexit are not very popular in Universities and among University Cycles.

Brexit and right or ultra right wing views are popular at my local pub...
I think you will find I haven't called you a troll, just pointed out several other people have, however no need to apologise because I'll put this right now!

You are clearly trolling me, every other post is Mr Burton this, or clear attacks at me like thickist are the labour supporting brexiteers. You have also posted exceptionally similar views supporting your other account in the religions threads. People saw it, troll accounts were made just brexitboy or v2 didn't last.

Nobody is a troll for believing in a life inside the EU, nobody is stupid for believing in a life in the EU, nobody is a troll for believing in a life outside the EU, nobody is stupid for believing in a life outside the EU either. Scotlands problems are not all linked to membership of the UK, nobody knows if there is a god or not!

Simples ... you can make as many troll accounts as you wish to try too bully these opinions onto people or try to get people you disagree with banned, it wont change the fact that people hold different views, there is no right or wrong in certain subjects like religion and politics.

I wont be responding to you again unless you start spreading lies about me as you have in the past on your other account.

Good day and a tip for you, lifes too short for stupid online grudges
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Mr Burton,

I think you are the one who is creating the problem as you take it too seriously when you respond to others.

You called me troll several times. Others Bigots and so on. But it doesn't bother me as you see.

As you criticize others for their views and theories othere will criticize you about your views and theories .

As for the thread in religion, it is a bit unfair that you pick me out of the crowd as everyone else is criticising beliefs which are unsubstantiated completely. Without of course not recognising the right someone has to believe what they want. Is the content of their beliefs me and others criticize.

Similarly with Brexit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (350)
66.92%
No (173)
33.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed