Nippy03
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have received and email today saying that I am getting kicked out of college because I am at 59% attendance and that I can not pass my course. I have no motivation towards the course and they would not let me swap to a different one. What do I do as I'm only 16 and have to be in education?
Justmac
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's likely to be too late in the year to join another college. You could look for a traineeship which is a short course that some people do before an apprenticeship if they aren't sure what they want to do. Do some volunteering and gain some work experience. Try to get a part time job. See if any colleges or organisations are doing any short courses. Whatever you do, don't do nothing as it won't help you
David Getling
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Nippy03)
I have received and email today saying that I am getting kicked out of college because I am at 59% attendance and that I can not pass my course. I have no motivation towards the course and they would not let me swap to a different one. What do I do as I'm only 16 and have to be in education?
First and foremost grow up, and take your commitments seriously. You fully deserved to be kicked out, and if you don't change you will go through life being sacked and losing any (decent) friends you might have.
Nippy03
Rep:
?
(Original post by Justmac)
It's likely to be too late in the year to join another college. You could look for a traineeship which is a short course that some people do before an apprenticeship if they aren't sure what they want to do. Do some volunteering and gain some work experience. Try to get a part time job. See if any colleges or organisations are doing any short courses. Whatever you do, don't do nothing as it won't help you
Thank you, I do have a part time job working in a chip shop and I do volunteer work at a food bank. Do i not have to be in education until I'm 18 though, so I wouldn't be aloud to not go into another course
Nippy03
Rep:
?
(Original post by David Getling)
First and foremost grow up, and take your commitments seriously. You fully deserved to be kicked out, and if you don't change you will go through life being sacked and losing any (decent) friends you might have.
I have trust me, I have realised that i ****ed up and if i could go back I would change it.
Justmac
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Nippy03)
Thank you, I do have a part time job working in a chip shop and I do volunteer work at a food bank. Do i not have to be in education until I'm 18 though, so I wouldn't be aloud to not go into another course
Technically you have to be in education, employment or training. Realistically speaking this could be a job that provides on the job training. It's good that you have a part time job and do some volunteering, that's a good start. I would also suggest trying to find some work experience in different industries to see what you enjoy etc
Nippy03
Rep:
?
(Original post by Justmac)
Technically you have to be in education, employment or training. Realistically speaking this could be a job that provides on the job training. It's good that you have a part time job and do some volunteering, that's a good start. I would also suggest trying to find some work experience in different industries to see what you enjoy etc
Yeah, I am looking for an aprentaship somewhere because I enjoy practical more than course work.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (329)
60.48%
Yes- I don't like it (28)
5.15%
No- I want it (148)
27.21%
No- I don't want it (39)
7.17%

Watched Threads