ubayd1847
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Received an offer from Warwick uni. Does anybody know what 'provisional home fees' is? It says these will be fixed when I enrol.
UCAS_Expert
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
it's their get out clause so they can change people to International fees at a later date if they've made a mistake in their assessment. unless you have a reason to think you're not eligible for home fees, I wouldn't worry.
ubayd1847
Rep:
?
(Original post by UCAS_Expert)
it's their get out clause so they can change people to International fees at a later date if they've made a mistake in their assessment. unless you have a reason to think you're not eligible for home fees, I wouldn't worry.
I am worried I won't be classified as home fees... is there anything I should do...?xx
UCAS_Expert
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Why might you not be?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ubayd1847)
I am worried I won't be classified as home fees... is there anything I should do...?xx
Ring Warwick and ask them to send you a fee assessment form to confirm your fee status.
UCAS_Expert
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by PQ)
Ring Warwick and ask them to send you a fee assessment form to confirm your fee status.
I'm frankly shocked that a University is happy to wait until registration to finalise the fee status. they should be proactively sending the fee assessment out. finding out at reg that you're on international fees rather than home is quite a massive change.
Admit-One
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I believe Warwick send two emails where they have amended someone’s fee status.

1) An offer email which states “you have been assessed as X fee status”.

2) A second email which states “you have initially been assessed as X. If you wish to have this revisited, please complete the following questionnaire.”

I am not aware of the word “provisional” appearing in their Home offers, although I’m happy to be proved wrong.
ubayd1847
Rep:
?
(Original post by UCAS_Expert)
Why might you not be?
I'm not sure if I've been 'ordinarily resident' for the last three years.. already doing the assessment with Queen Mary.

(Original post by PQ)
okay I'll probably email them.. since I'm not even in the country right now..

(Original post by Admit-One)
I believe Warwick send two emails where they have amended someone’s fee status.

1) An offer email which states “you have been assessed as X fee status”.

2) A second email which states “you have initially been assessed as X. If you wish to have this revisited, please complete the following questionnaire.”

I am not aware of the word “provisional” appearing in their Home offers, although I’m happy to be proved wrong.
Is this meant to be when I enrol, or do they send it before I make my decisions...?x

thank youuuuu!!!xx
Admit-One
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Email 2 should come within 1 or 2 working days of the offer. Enrolment will be much later, circa Aug/Sept.

If you want to PM me the email I can take a look.
ubayd1847
Rep:
?
(Original post by Admit-One)
Email 2 should come within 1 or 2 working days of the offer. Enrolment will be much later, circa Aug/Sept.

If you want to PM me the email I can take a look.
Oh yes thank you. I'll pm you the email x
Eduardo Vargas
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ubayd1847)
Received an offer from Warwick uni. Does anybody know what 'provisional home fees' is? It says these will be fixed when I enrol.
I am still waiting for an offer from Warwick after receiving ABB offers from Exeter, Nottingham and Lancaster. I have applied for Biochemistry starting 2020.
ubayd1847
Rep:
?
(Original post by Eduardo Vargas)
I am still waiting for an offer from Warwick after receiving ABB offers from Exeter, Nottingham and Lancaster. I have applied for Biochemistry starting 2020.
Omg GOOD LUCK Eduardo xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (378)
67.14%
No (185)
32.86%

Watched Threads