Karen56x
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’m in year 12 and I’m 17 now. I’m doing an apprenticeship for like 12 or 18 months but I really want to go to uni. I know you don’t need to go to uni if you do an apprenticeship but i really want too as I always have and I don’t want that to stop me just cause people say that you don’t need too. Both is good degrees to get a job right? But is it worth it? And what unis would accept apprenticeships?
Last edited by Karen56x; 2 weeks ago
emilybond:)
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Karen56x)
I’m in year 12 and I’m 17 now. I’m doing an apprenticeship for like 12 or 18 months but I really want to go to uni. I know you don’t need to go to uni if you do an apprenticeship but i really want too as I always have and I don’t want that to stop me just cause people say that you don’t need too. Both is good degrees to get a job right? But is it worth it? And what unis would accept apprenticeships?
You could look into degree apprenticeships but if you have already done an apprenticeship then depending on the apprenticeship there is little point in going to uni if your uni course would be similar to your apprenticeship and also most unis require A-levels or Btecs for uni if they don't then the degree at the degree is probably not worth it because an apprenticeship is a totally different thing - if you want to go for uni just for the experience its a lot of money just for that
National Extension College
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Karen56x)
Hi,

This really depends on the university you would like to go to and the subject you are looking to study. I would recommend contacting your preferred university directly to ask this question as they do differ quite a lot.

Best wishes,
Charlotte
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (481)
59.46%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.32%
No- I want it (231)
28.55%
No- I don't want it (54)
6.67%

Watched Threads