how to get in the habit of showering everyday Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
so I was in deep depression for 7 years and recently just got much better. during that time, I would only shower 3 days a week. Which isn’t good because I start to smell after a day. But I use deodorant as an alternative for showering. I couldn’t bring myself to shower or do anything. But now I am feeling better and have the motivation but It is extremely difficult to get out of this habit. I want to start showering twice a day. But I usually take 35 minute showers to clean everything. I don’t think 10 mins is enough. And that takes a long time
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you're showering twice a day then you shouldn't need 35 minutes to shower. Have a good scrub in the morning and a quick wash over in the evening. Make it part of a routine and you'll be more likely to stick to it.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
I don't think you need 2 showers a day, that's not good for your skin. You should keep it to 1 shower a day and alternate between what you do. Like 2 days a week I will do a body scrub because I have really dry skin, another day I will shave my legs, 3 days a week I will Ash my hair. It saves shower time and I don't need to wash my hair everyday.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by MidgetFever)
If you're showering twice a day then you shouldn't need 35 minutes to shower. Have a good scrub in the morning and a quick wash over in the evening. Make it part of a routine and you'll be more likely to stick to it.
It’s really hard for me to do.

(Original post by Anonymous)
I don't think you need 2 showers a day, that's not good for your skin. You should keep it to 1 shower a day and alternate between what you do. Like 2 days a week I will do a body scrub because I have really dry skin, another day I will shave my legs, 3 days a week I will Ash my hair. It saves shower time and I don't need to wash my hair everyday.
But I start to smell really fast. I don’t know why.
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It’s really hard for me to do.

But I start to smell really fast. I don’t know why.
If you're finding you would need more than 1 shower a day then perhaps you need to see a pharmacist or GP about why you smell, in case it's a medical reason. You shouldn't need to shower more than once a day. If it's because of exercise or something then shower after, not before and then after if you can help it
Anonymous #1
(Original post by BurstingBubbles)
If you're finding you would need more than 1 shower a day then perhaps you need to see a pharmacist or GP about why you smell, in case it's a medical reason. You shouldn't need to shower more than once a day. If it's because of exercise or something then shower after, not before and then after if you can help it
Okay I’ll stick to one then. But I’m finding it hard.
Karisa96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes you should find one shower a day perfectly adequate.
About 10/ 15, minutes is ample.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (331)
60.29%
Yes- I don't like it (29)
5.28%
No- I want it (150)
27.32%
No- I don't want it (39)
7.1%

Watched Threads