The Student Room Group

Nudity

I was watching a comedy with my mum and there was a scene at the end with nudity, and it made me super embarrassed/uncomfortable, what is the point of nudity in tv?
Original post by Christiantaylor
I was watching a comedy with my mum and there was a scene at the end with nudity, and it made me super embarrassed/uncomfortable, what is the point of nudity in tv?

Us parents request it to embarrass teenagers ..
Original post by RogerOxon

As a parent, is it embarassing for you? I was worried that my mum was kinda embarassed as well
Reply 3

This made me laugh, thanks!
As a parent, is it embarassing for you? I was worried that my mum was kinda embarassed as well

No, but I was as a child.

I doubt that my kids ever where though - my wife is French.
No, but I was as a child.

I doubt that my kids ever where though - my wife is French.

It was so awks and I'm 19. My mum probs didn't care too much lol, im just gonna stop thinking about it

This reminds me what of a friend's girlfriend related, many years ago. She and both of her parents were watching the Rocky Horror Show. According to her both her and her mother had a really good laugh, but dad was cringing with embarrassment.

To surprise the spectators. No one would ever expect nude portrayed characters all of a sudden, if they are not in bed.

Since it was comedy it was likely for comedic purposes if you weren't expecting it.
oh god i sat through ‘dirty grandpa’(zac efron and robert de jeniro) with my parents and 13 year old brother...
it was super awks and say there cringing the whole movie
i didn’t realise how inappropriate it was until i day through it with my family 😫😂

Quick Reply

Latest