Maths mock disappointment Watch

Smoky saif
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I did my maths mock a few days a ago and before I got my result I knew I messed up on 2 easy questions costing me 7 marks in total which is fatal. This happened due to panic and stress during the exam. I got my result and was absolutely appalled receiving 30/80 for paper 1 only achieving a grade 5. I got even more annoyed when I realised I could have got 37 which would have set me up for a grade 6.

The worst part about it is that people in my class got 40 to 60 and I felt really stupid.

I’m really depressed right now and feel devastated. Although I understand this is only a mock, it still is upsetting. My target was to get a grade 7 for my actual GCSE Exams however I’m not sure if this achievable anymore.
Kane M. Gordon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don’t worry about it. Mock exams are simply there to build your exam tolerance. Your target wouldn’t be a grade 7 if you couldn’t achieve anywhere near it. Just learn from the mistake and revise.
Smoky saif
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kane M. Gordon)
Don’t worry about it. Mock exams are simply there to build your exam tolerance. Your target wouldn’t be a grade 7 if you couldn’t achieve anywhere near it. Just learn from the mistake and revise.
Yeah I need 50 marks in each paper to get a grade 7 and am currently on average getting 36-42 on each paper. I’m scared I won’t get the 7 I need
blueberrybowl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I came out of my actual maths exam CRYING because I thought I messed up

I got a 9.

Just learn from your mistakes, that’s what mocks are for. My mock grades went up by 2 grades for the real thing. Sometimes a low score is what you need to give you motivation and find out what your flaws are so you can work on them!

You didn’t do bad, trust me. Stop comparing yourself to others.
Smoky saif
Rep:
?
(Original post by blueberrybowl)
I came out of my actual maths exam CRYING because I thought I messed up

I got a 9.

Just learn from your mistakes, that’s what mocks are for. My mock grades went up by 2 grades for the real thing. Sometimes a low score is what you need to give you motivation and find out what your flaws are so you can work on them!

You didn’t do bad, trust me. Stop comparing yourself to others.
In my opinion I did bad because I missed 7 easy marks which basically caused me to go down a grade on that specific paper. 😬
blueberrybowl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Smoky saif)
In my opinion I did bad because I missed 7 easy marks which basically caused me to go down a grade on that specific paper. 😬
There you go, now you know your flaws!
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Smoky saif)
Yeah I need 50 marks in each paper to get a grade 7 and am currently on average getting 36-42 on each paper. I’m scared I won’t get the 7 I need
You've learnt something from the mock - that's the whole point of them. Try to slow down and check answers - rushing and panic don't help.

No-one knows what the grade boundaries will be so forget about this - it's the overall total that matters anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (195)
67.71%
No (93)
32.29%

Watched Threads