44.44%
Brum (5)
55.56%
elliejane0102
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Soooo I’m trying to decide between UoB and UoM for my firm choice uni and I’m really torn. They’re both great cities from what I have heard but I haven’t spent a lot of time in either. Has anyone got any comparisons they can make between the 2 cities or pros/cons of either!!??
EstelOfTheEyrie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by elliejane0102)
Soooo I’m trying to decide between UoB and UoM for my firm choice uni and I’m really torn. They’re both great cities from what I have heard but I haven’t spent a lot of time in either. Has anyone got any comparisons they can make between the 2 cities or pros/cons of either!!??
It depends on what you want out of your university; Birmingham is very much a campus-based uni, with everything in one space. I'm not sure about Manchester, but it's worth considering if you'd want to study in a campus-based or city-based uni (a good city based uni would be KCL)

Have you been to either university? It might be worth visiting or attending a candidate day if it's possible.

One thing that I considered that is also worth looking into is the societies and sports; your degree is only part of what you do at university, so what does Manchester/Birmingham have on offer that you might be interested in? (Obviously you don't need to decide right away)
Johnny Tightlips
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Manchester is hands down the better city and the better university (though it depends on what course you're doing)
ibyghee
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Manchester has the largest student union/societies in all of UK. It's really vibrant and you'll find someone like you in an instant. It's a really nice city with bussling roads. Busiest bus road in EUROPE. you'll get anywhere you want in no time. They have a free 147 bus too, to get around campus fast. A nice shopping mall too, to get your good n needs, arndale. It's a really nice city for a uni.
This is my opinion of uni of man.
elliejane0102
Rep:
?
riginal post by EstelOfTheEyrie)It depends on what you want out of your university; Birmingham is very much a campus-based uni, with everything in one space. I'm not sure about Manchester, but it's worth considering if you'd want to study in a campus-based or city-based uni (a good city based uni would be KCL)

Have you been to either university? It might be worth visiting or attending a candidate day if it's possible.

One thing that I considered that is also worth looking into is the societies and sports; your degree is only part of what you do at university, so what does Manchester/Birmingham have on offer that you might be interested in? (Obviously you don't need to decide right away)

Yes! I’ve visited Birmingham and I’m going up to Manchester today for an interview. Thank you for your help, is there anything in particular you suggest I check out whilst I am there
elliejane0102
Rep:
?
(Original post by Johnny Tightlips)
Manchester is hands down the better city and the better university (though it depends on what course you're doing)
Thank you , I’m doing biology
EstelOfTheEyrie
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
riginal post by EstelOfTheEyrie)It depends on what you want out of your university; Birmingham is very much a campus-based uni, with everything in one space. I'm not sure about Manchester, but it's worth considering if you'd want to study in a campus-based or city-based uni (a good city based uni would be KCL)

Yes! I’ve visited Birmingham and I’m going up to Manchester today for an interview. Thank you for your help, is there anything in particular you suggest I check out whilst I am there
I applied to Birmingham and it was my first choice! (I didn't get in, but I am hoping to go for my Masters). I would highly recommend attending an open day - Birmingham Uni has its own train station which is usually *really* busy on open days, but it's handy to have during the day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (344)
60.25%
Yes- I don't like it (30)
5.25%