Do I still have a chance at US medical schools? Watch

EmilyCarolineG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So, I had initially planned on majoring in economics, which is why I took Business, Economics and Sociology for AS/A levels, but now I’ve changed my mind and I really want to go to medical school. Problem is I don’t know whether I’ll be able to get in with the AS/A level courses I chose. Can I still get into Pre-Med in the US? I really don’t know what I can do at this point, but I’m willing to do whatever it takes.
HumblyBumbly
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No idea about US - but UK you can if you do chem a level at least
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by EmilyCarolineG)
So, I had initially planned on majoring in economics, which is why I took Business, Economics and Sociology for AS/A levels, but now I’ve changed my mind and I really want to go to medical school. Problem is I don’t know whether I’ll be able to get in with the AS/A level courses I chose. Can I still get into Pre-Med in the US? I really don’t know what I can do at this point, but I’m willing to do whatever it takes.
TSR is a UK-based forum, the Medicine forum is for UK medical school queries. We have moved your thread to the International Study forum since you're asking about the US.

(1) If you wanted to ask the equivalent Q for UK med schools, post in https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5678544

(2) It is unlikely that your A-Levels will be directly transferable to US school systems. Medicine in the US is post-graduate and not under-graduate like the UK. I am sure you'll get someone more knowledgeable about med in the US here.
stereotypeasian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
there are foundation courses for people without science A levels.

Cardiff- AAA for students who have not taken bio or chem
Dundee- AAA with no more than one science subject
Keele- A*AA
Manchester- AAA in three arts and humanities or two arts and humanities with one science
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (422)
67.41%
No (204)
32.59%

Watched Threads