What do you think of Joaquin Phoenix?

Watch
Brightonmama
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aioheuiawe)
I mean we're totally off topic I guess, but what particularly do you not like about it? I understand that you enjoy meat, and perhaps you're part of the camp that think it's unsustainable and we couldn't survive without it. But it's really not true. Eggs, meat, they are all not required to live, and in a society where we should strive to be the best we possibly can, why not change that too?
I loved what he said. I thought it was much bigger than being just about veganism. It was about injustice of all kinds and having compassion for all species. The vegan debate always divides- though with shows like the Netflix Game Changers, a lot more people seem to be coming plant-based. It's certainly much more part of mainstream discourse. So many actors are political. As he said he's using his voice for the voiceless. I applaud that. I found it very moving, especially when he spoke about his brother. He knows that he won't change everyone's hearts and a lot of people will deride him for it. But he felt it deeply so he said it. Good for him. (I am not a vegan).
XKangaotiCX
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by awkwardshortguy)
It's not just a 'personal choice' if that decision impacts the life of another living being. If it infringes on what she be their rights as our fellow animals.
Nobody needs them, therefore they're not essentials.
That's literally the definition of vegetarianism right there :facepalm: And anyway we don't want people to consume less meat - we want people to consume no meat, or any other animal product whatsoever. We don't think it's acceptable that people simply do less of a bad thing - we think that it is only right that people stop doing the bad thing altogether. Just like you wouldn't suggest to a serial killer 'perhaps try murdering only 2 or 3 people a year', it is unthinkable for us to propose a person continue to promote the abuse of any animal they can avoid doing that to.
I'm not even a vegan (pescatarian) but why are you saying "we" like you speak for every vegan out there? You make it out like it's some sort of religion. Some vegans will appreciate the effort of meat-eaters for cutting down, because meat may be a big part of their diet. You're alienating people you could potentially "convert" by saying they should consume no meat. By consuming less, it may lead them to a gradual path of veganism. That being said, I do respect the ideology of veganism a lot - animal cruelty is an awful thing.
PTMalewski
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dettydettypig)
sorry but why are you here? this thread is about HIM

I think he's pretty talented -> very good antagonist in the film Gladiator
Sorry, I still don't know who you're talking about.
Why wasn't the question asked about certain actions or opinions?
Then anyone who has the necessary brain capacity, would have adressed that, and now, only those who know this person and watch this person's action's can adress it, regardless of their capability.

(Original post by dettydettypig)
this thread is about HIM
No, I'm progressive. I don't see any difference between men and women.

Therefore, it doesn't matter what pronoun do I use.
Last edited by PTMalewski; 1 month ago
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I will never quit to eat meat. Apart from that: I am not eating meat every day in the week. I have reduced this consume at a good minimum and I feel good with it.

I disagree with Joacquin Phoenix and think that a balanced nutrition needs not only vegan food.
luc9999
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DiddyDecAlt)
Murder is the unlawful killing a people.
slaughter then Mr Nitpicker
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by luc9999)
slaughter then Mr Nitpicker
I just like proper use of English.
Lyndsey.95
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
He's a good actor and got a cool name
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by awkwardshortguy)
It's not just a 'personal choice' if that decision impacts the life of another living being. If it infringes on what she be their rights as our fellow animals.
Nobody needs them, therefore they're not essentials.
That's literally the definition of vegetarianism right there :facepalm: And anyway we don't want people to consume less meat - we want people to consume no meat, or any other animal product whatsoever. We don't think it's acceptable that people simply do less of a bad thing - we think that it is only right that people stop doing the bad thing altogether. Just like you wouldn't suggest to a serial killer 'perhaps try murdering only 2 or 3 people a year', it is unthinkable for us to propose a person continue to promote the abuse of any animal they can avoid doing that to.
Are you a vegan?
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous1502)
Are you a vegan?
they are
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
they are
Me too :five:
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous1502)
Me too :five:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (272)
15.51%
Uncertainty around my education (274)
15.62%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (174)
9.92%
Isolating with family (123)
7.01%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (79)
4.5%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (147)
8.38%
Loneliness (174)
9.92%
Financial worries (70)
3.99%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (160)
9.12%
Exposure to negative news/social media (125)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (156)
8.89%

Watched Threads