The Student Room Group

What do you think of Joaquin Phoenix?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by awkwardshortguy
It's not just a 'personal choice' if that decision impacts the life of another living being. If it infringes on what she be their rights as our fellow animals.
Nobody needs them, therefore they're not essentials.
That's literally the definition of vegetarianism right there :facepalm: And anyway we don't want people to consume less meat - we want people to consume no meat, or any other animal product whatsoever. We don't think it's acceptable that people simply do less of a bad thing - we think that it is only right that people stop doing the bad thing altogether. Just like you wouldn't suggest to a serial killer 'perhaps try murdering only 2 or 3 people a year', it is unthinkable for us to propose a person continue to promote the abuse of any animal they can avoid doing that to.

I'm not even a vegan (pescatarian) but why are you saying "we" like you speak for every vegan out there? You make it out like it's some sort of religion. Some vegans will appreciate the effort of meat-eaters for cutting down, because meat may be a big part of their diet. You're alienating people you could potentially "convert" by saying they should consume no meat. By consuming less, it may lead them to a gradual path of veganism. That being said, I do respect the ideology of veganism a lot - animal cruelty is an awful thing.
Original post by dettydettypig
sorry but why are you here? this thread is about HIM

I think he's pretty talented -> very good antagonist in the film Gladiator

Sorry, I still don't know who you're talking about.
Why wasn't the question asked about certain actions or opinions?
Then anyone who has the necessary brain capacity, would have adressed that, and now, only those who know this person and watch this person's action's can adress it, regardless of their capability.

Original post by dettydettypig

this thread is about HIM

No, I'm progressive. I don't see any difference between men and women.

Therefore, it doesn't matter what pronoun do I use.
(edited 4 years ago)
I will never quit to eat meat. Apart from that: I am not eating meat every day in the week. I have reduced this consume at a good minimum and I feel good with it.

I disagree with Joacquin Phoenix and think that a balanced nutrition needs not only vegan food.
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
Murder is the unlawful killing a people.

slaughter then Mr Nitpicker:s-smilie:
Original post by luc9999
slaughter then Mr Nitpicker:s-smilie:

I just like proper use of English.
He's a good actor and got a cool name
Original post by awkwardshortguy
It's not just a 'personal choice' if that decision impacts the life of another living being. If it infringes on what she be their rights as our fellow animals.
Nobody needs them, therefore they're not essentials.
That's literally the definition of vegetarianism right there :facepalm: And anyway we don't want people to consume less meat - we want people to consume no meat, or any other animal product whatsoever. We don't think it's acceptable that people simply do less of a bad thing - we think that it is only right that people stop doing the bad thing altogether. Just like you wouldn't suggest to a serial killer 'perhaps try murdering only 2 or 3 people a year', it is unthinkable for us to propose a person continue to promote the abuse of any animal they can avoid doing that to.

Are you a vegan?
Original post by Anonymous1502
Are you a vegan?

they are
Original post by Obolinda
they are

Me too :five:
Original post by Anonymous1502
Me too :five:

:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest