Will my parents be notified of doctors appointment? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello,
I would like to make a doctors appointment regarding contraception and I am age 15 from the uk. Will my parents get a message reminder of my appointment? As I would prefer if they weren’t aware.
Many thanks
Knortfoxx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm pretty sure the answer is yes - it definitely is for most stuff.
Karisa96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think you will find they will be informed.
Sammylou40
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello,
I would like to make a doctors appointment regarding contraception and I am age 15 from the uk. Will my parents get a message reminder of my appointment? As I would prefer if they weren’t aware.
Many thanks
Everything that’s said between a doctor and patient is protected by confidentiality. This means they can’t share it with anyone else, unless you’ve given them permission to do so. And they should explain why they would need to. But, there are some rare situations when confidentiality has to be broken. Your doctor should explain this to you and you should be able to ask questions if you’re unsure about anything.
When you make your appointment make sure that it’s your phone number on your records so that any reminders come to you
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello,
Many thanks
They might be informed if their phone is listed as your contact number. You should be able to change that though.
Phone up, ask what the contact number for you is and ask to change it to your number. Then book you appointment. You can also ask to not get an appointment reminder to be extra safe.

Even if they were to get a reminder about your appointment anything about it is still confidential.

You can find more information about doctors appointments and confidentiality on the childline website. It's easy to read and has info for older teens/ young adults like yourself as well as kids.
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello,
Many thanks
100% they will NOT be informed
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Hello,
Many thanks
It stays confidential unless the doctor feels they have a concern for your well being, if you're worried I'd literally just ring an ask the receptionist it's not a big deal and any minor making an appointment will be asking the same question as you, if you can though do try to have a conversation with someone, even if you say you made an appointment about you're periods if you aren't wanting to be completely honest but at least they know where you are and that you may be on some regular medication etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (330)
60.44%
Yes- I don't like it (28)
5.13%
No- I want it (149)
27.29%
No- I don't want it (39)
7.14%

Watched Threads