When do I decline sixth form offers? Also, interview tips?

Watch
sporkified
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi TSR. I've applied to two sixth forms for safety (we'll call them sixth form 1 and 2) but know I want to go to sixth form 1 already. Sixth form 2 is my school's sixth form - kind of. I have interviews for both. Sixth form 1 had an option on the application form to specify first or second choice but sixth form 2 did not and I don't know when the best time to tell them I probably don't want to go there is. Should I mention it at the interview?

I'm already quite stressed about it because the interview is at a different site due to storm damage on my school. Does anyone have any tips? The interview is only 10 minutes long so it's unlikely to be too tough but I want to know what to expect. Thanks guys!
PetitePanda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You might not be able to go to the first sixth form or do the subjects you are able to do so i would wait till your gcse results and refuse them then
xozxexo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My sixth-form interview consisted of discussing the subjects i wanted to do, what i would like to do in the future, if i wanted to go to uni, if i had any questions about anything, also got a brief tour of the school.

As for rejecting choices, wait until you get your GCSE results and have enrolled in your chosen sixth-form before emailing the sixth-form letting them know you have chosen not to enroll. This is what i did anyway (:

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (283)
15.29%
Uncertainty around my education (290)
15.67%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (184)
9.94%
Isolating with family (131)
7.08%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (85)
4.59%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (154)
8.32%
Loneliness (184)
9.94%
Financial worries (76)
4.11%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (170)
9.18%
Exposure to negative news/social media (132)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (162)
8.75%

Watched Threads