The Student Room Group

Otitis Externa - British Army

Hi... My daughters Army application has just been rejected due to recurrent or Persistent Otitis Externa (ear Infection) Q - Can anybody advsie me as to what the Army classes as recurrent, as she has only had 4 cases in 12 years. This was following on from a Mastoidectomy, so it was expected. she has now been clear of infection since 2015.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
The only people who can advise on that are the Army medical staff, so your daughter needs to contact them via whatever information she has in her medical rejection letter.
Original post by wood1974
Hi... My daughters Army application has just been rejected due to recurrent or Persistent Otitis Externa (ear Infection) Q - Can anybody advsie me as to what the Army classes as recurrent, as she has only had 4 cases in 12 years. This was following on from a Mastoidectomy, so it was expected. she has now been clear of infection since 2015.

Hi, I’ve recently had my army application rejected for the same thing. I was just wondering was your daughter successful? I’m desperate to find answers and want to try and appeal again. Appreciate you posted this four years ago! Thanks