The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University college allocation 2020

Scroll to see replies

course applied for: Chemistry MChem (4 years)
start date: Sep 2020
college applied for: St Marys
College allocated: St Marys
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Deggs_14
Yes I did as well :smile:

what subject did you apply for?
Reply 62
Original post by katie_nicole
what subject did you apply for?

I applied for geography and fortunately was allocated St Mary’s which I originally applied for. :biggrin:
(edited 4 years ago)
I applied for geography and fortunately was allocated St Mary’s which I originally applied for. :biggrin:

yeah I applied there too, I visited in the open day and loved it!
Anyone else St cuths for physic? :smile:
Reply 65
yeah I applied there too, I visited in the open day and loved it!

Same, I liked the community aspect and the fact that it was very close to the main library and the department buildings.
Yes I did as well :smile:

and me :smile:
Original post by lilyb1912
Same! Literally the exact same for eveything.

Yeah me too! Geography at Castle
Course: maths
Applied and allocated: Grey
Course: geology
Applied and allocated: Collingwood :smile:
so did I! are you coming to one of the offer holders days?

yeah, i'm going to the one next wednesday! how about you?
Just got south college, wanted collingwood tho :frown: considering rejecting Durham and going for bath instead because I’ve heard colleges can really affect your time there. Does anybody know anything about South/have any advice? X
Original post by juliarobertson
Just got south college, wanted collingwood tho :frown: considering rejecting Durham and going for bath instead because I’ve heard colleges can really affect your time there. Does anybody know anything about South/have any advice? X

Current Durham student here :biggrin:

From what I see everyone seems to be happy with their college allocation even if not what they applied for. South college is the newest one and will clearly have modern, state of the art facilities whereas Collingwood is old. Personally speaking, I don't think the choice of college matters too much, it's really just a place to stay in and experience depends on the people you meet. Certainly does not matter so much as to reject Durham :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Course: International Relations
Applied: university Allocated: Collingwood (which I actually do like the college atmosphere very much! )
(edited 4 years ago)
St Cuthbert's Society
is this even a college name
Hey guys does anyone know when the form will be sent to us for us to fill out our room preferences?
Reply 76
Wait I don’t get it. I’m an international student and I’ve applied to Durham for economics.
I still haven’t gotten any response from them regarding my application. So can someone pls tell me how this college allocation works and what’s the difference between them.

Thanks
(edited 4 years ago)
Course: LLB Law
Starting: 2020
Applied and allocated Cuths
Original post by sim08
Wait I don’t get it. I’m an international student and I’ve applied to Durham for economics.
I still haven’t gotten any response from them regarding my application. So can someone pls tell me how this college allocation works and what's ’s the difference between them.

Thanks

Once you get an offer of a place you will be allocated a college. A college is like a hall of residence no teaching takes place in college.
(edited 4 years ago)
I applied for Law
2020 Sep
I applied and got allocated at St Chad’s ))

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending