My teacher is ruining my class mate's education and mine, what can I do? Watch

croker99
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Recently my whole year group is having problems with one of the teachers (unfortunately the lead internal verifier for my course). The first year of college was fine, but Y2 is being the most difficult year of my academic life.

This teacher is self-centred, tries to be intimidating and in his own words he 'is cleverer than anyone else in the school' which leads to many problems internally. He has stated to the whole class that he is 'the teacher with the most concern points', something he seems to be very proud of. Occasionally, he will begin the lesson by calling us all idiots, shaming a student in front of the class or mocking a student or staff member.

Overall, we have 4 assignments this year that are graded by him, 2 of which he decided to combine asking us for over 20,000 words if we wanted a distinction or 10,000 words for a pass. This assignment brought many problems to all the students in my course as his brief was unclear and his help useless. If you approach him in class he will treat you like an illiterate person and his emails are very short and not helpful at all. This assignment had a very, very low pass rate which is a clear reason that there is a problem with the way he teaches and communicates with us. He decided to give us another week to add more to the assignment and again, many people failed or got rejected. I was one of the rejected students. All the other students that pass were not allowed to resubmit. I have reason to believe that my assignment should have been marked differently and I don't want him to grade my assignments nor anyone else's work anymore. I believe there is a way to send my assignment to get graded by someone else but my college refuses to take appropriate measures. What can I do?

P.S. Assignments from other teachers have a high pass rate (I, for example, have achieved a merit or higher for most of my other assignments)
grKiro
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Unbelievable......r u in India??!
username5166802
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by croker99)
Recently my whole year group is having problems with one of the teachers (unfortunately the lead internal verifier for my course). The first year of college was fine, but Y2 is being the most difficult year of my academic life.

This teacher is self-centred, tries to be intimidating and in his own words he 'is cleverer than anyone else in the school' which leads to many problems internally. He has stated to the whole class that he is 'the teacher with the most concern points', something he seems to be very proud of. Occasionally, he will begin the lesson by calling us all idiots, shaming a student in front of the class or mocking a student or staff member.

Overall, we have 4 assignments this year that are graded by him, 2 of which he decided to combine asking us for over 20,000 words if we wanted a distinction or 10,000 words for a pass. This assignment brought many problems to all the students in my course as his brief was unclear and his help useless. If you approach him in class he will treat you like an illiterate person and his emails are very short and not helpful at all. This assignment had a very, very low pass rate which is a clear reason that there is a problem with the way he teaches and communicates with us. He decided to give us another week to add more to the assignment and again, many people failed or got rejected. I was one of the rejected students. All the other students that pass were not allowed to resubmit. I have reason to believe that my assignment should have been marked differently and I don't want him to grade my assignments nor anyone else's work anymore. I believe there is a way to send my assignment to get graded by someone else but my college refuses to take appropriate measures. What can I do?

P.S. Assignments from other teachers have a high pass rate (I, for example, have achieved a merit or higher for most of my other assignments)
Consider reporting to Ofsted of whichever body gives accreditation to your college. Is there a governing body at the college? This sounds absolutely unacceptable.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (274)
60.89%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.89%
No- I want it (120)
26.67%
No- I don't want it (34)
7.56%

Watched Threads