AidanP96
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey,

So I currently hold a 2:1 grad scheme job offer from a UK bank. I averaged just over 56% in second year so need to do well this year to get my 2:1. My January exams were mixed, two went well but one of them was awful, I haven’t got my results yet but it’s making me worried I might not meet the requirement.

Does anyone know how likely companies are to be flexible on this? I’m hoping if I do miss out it will only be by a narrow margin so wondered if that may work in my favour?

Any shared similar experiences or opinions appreciated!

Thanks.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AidanP96)
Hey,

So I currently hold a 2:1 grad scheme job offer from a UK bank. I averaged just over 56% in second year so need to do well this year to get my 2:1. My January exams were mixed, two went well but one of them was awful, I haven’t got my results yet but it’s making me worried I might not meet the requirement.

Does anyone know how likely companies are to be flexible on this? I’m hoping if I do miss out it will only be by a narrow margin so wondered if that may work in my favour?

Any shared similar experiences or opinions appreciated!

Thanks.
You are grasping at straws and only the bank can tell you as its their discretion.
Do your best and see.
They may not wish to recruit again or they may have overrecruited for this situation.
They may be slowing recruitment down in which case they its an easy no or they may want more in which case they may keep you.
Youve done the hard part in getting the offer so you owe it to yourself to work as hard as possible to avoid giving them the opportunity to say no.

I have known people who were let through and also known people who were let go. Focus on your exams.
You may wish to contact the bank and build some rapport with those who chose you without letting them know up to you.
AidanP96
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
You are grasping at straws and only the bank can tell you as its their discretion.
Do your best and see.
They may not wish to recruit again or they may have overrecruited for this situation.
They may be slowing recruitment down in which case they its an easy no or they may want more in which case they may keep you.
Youve done the hard part in getting the offer so you owe it to yourself to work as hard as possible to avoid giving them the opportunity to say no.

I have known people who were let through and also known people who were let go. Focus on your exams.
You may wish to contact the bank and build some rapport with those who chose you without letting them know up to you.
Thanks, I still have most of my final year mark in my hands so it is doable. Just hard not to think about every possibility under the pressure. Will just have to put the hours in starting now.
DarkWillow
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Someone at my work is at KPMG doing the consulting graduate scheme (they only hired 2 in my office) and he got a 2:2, despite the offer being for 2:1 only. They didn’t actually end up asking him for his transcript...
MrMusician95
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
It's very unlikely that bank will let you off. I know someone who had an offer from a large consultancy, got like 1% below her 2:1 and had her offer retracted.
Last edited by MrMusician95; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (420)
67.52%
No (202)
32.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed