Anonymous #1
#1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
#1
Hi so my modules are 20 credits each except dissertation which is 40. My third year is worth 75% of my overall grade.

Module A) each assignment is worth 50% of the module marks include 55 & 60.

Module B) Worth 50% i got 80 and a 60.

Module C) Worth 25% i got 62 and the other 75% i got 65

Module D) Worth 50% I achieved a 72 and a 65

Module E) Worth 100% hoping to get at least 68.

Please could someone work out my average and talk me through the maths i find it so confusing thanks
0
reply
SweetSummerx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
#2
Report 2 weeks ago
#2
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi so my modules are 20 credits each except dissertation which is 40. My third year is worth 75% of my overall grade.

Module A) each assignment is worth 50% of the module marks include 55 & 60.

Module B) Worth 50% i got 80 and a 60.

Module C) Worth 25% i got 62 and the other 75% i got 65

Module D) Worth 50% I achieved a 72 and a 65

Module E) Worth 100% hoping to get at least 68.

Please could someone work out my average and talk me through the maths i find it so confusing thanks
Module A = 57.5
Module B = 70
Module C = 64.25
0.25 x 62 = 15.5
0.75 x 65 = 48.75
15.5 + 48.75 = 64.25
Module D = 68.5
Module E = 68

Is module E your dissertation?

If so then (68 x 2) + 68.5 + 64.26 + 70 + 57.5 = 396.25
386.25 divided by 6 (number of modules) = 66.04
0
reply
Anonymous #1
#3
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
#3
(Original post by SweetSummerx)
Module A = 57.5
Module B = 70
Module C = 64.25
0.25 x 62 = 15.5
0.75 x 65 = 48.75
15.5 + 48.75 = 64.25
Module D = 68.5
Module E = 68

Is module E your dissertation?

If so then (68 x 2) + 68.5 + 64.26 + 70 + 57.5 = 396.25
386.25 divided by 6 (number of modules) = 66.04
Thanks! yes it is my dissertation also in second year i achieved 63.18 overall. So if i combine this and third year what grade would that be? Thanks
0
reply
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
#4
Report 2 weeks ago
#4
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks! yes it is my dissertation also in second year i achieved 63.18 overall. So if i combine this and third year what grade would that be? Thanks
final year grade x 0.75 + 63.18 x 0.25 = final grade average
0
reply
Anonymous #1
#5
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
#5
(Original post by mnot)
final year grade x 0.75 + 63.18 x 0.25 = final grade average
for each third year module?
0
reply
Anonymous #1
#6
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
#6
Hi so my modules are 20 credits each except dissertation which is 40. My third year is worth 75% of my overall grade.

Module A) each assignment is worth 50% of the module marks include 55 & 60.

Module B) Worth 50% i got 80 and a 60.

Module C) Worth 25% i got 62 and the other 75% i got 65

Module D) Worth 50% I achieved a 72 and a 65

Module E) Worth 100% hoping to get at least 68.

Then in second year i got in total (bearing in mind my credits add up to 120)

Module A) 69%
Module B) 68.25
Module C) 76.8
Module D) 64
Module E) 55
Module F: 46

My second year is worth 30% of my final grade and my third is 70%

Please could someone talk me through the maths of my final grade!!
0
reply
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
#7
Report 2 weeks ago
#7
(Original post by Anonymous)
for each third year module?
no so take the final year average you calculated earlier (call this G)
G x 0.75 + 63.18 x 0.25 = final grade

its just a weighted average between 2 components...
0
reply
Anonymous #1
#8
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
#8
(Original post by mnot)
no so take the final year average you calculated earlier (call this G)
G x 0.75 + 63.18 x 0.25 = final grade

its just a weighted average between 2 components...
Much appreciated i got 65.325 then 😄
0
reply
SweetSummerx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
#9
Report 2 weeks ago
#9
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks! yes it is my dissertation also in second year i achieved 63.18 overall. So if i combine this and third year what grade would that be? Thanks
0.25 x 63.18 = 15.795
0.75 x 66.04 = 49.53

15.795 + 49.53 = 65.325
0
reply
Anonymous #1
#10
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
#10
i got my weightings wrong 30% is second year and Third is 70% so am i correct in saying i am on 58%?
0
reply
SweetSummerx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
#11
Report 2 weeks ago
#11
(Original post by Anonymous)
i got my weightings wrong 30% is second year and Third is 70% so am i correct in saying i am on 58%?
0.3 x 63.18 = 18.954
0.7 x 66.04 = 46.228
18.954 + 46.228 = 65.182
0
reply
Anonymous #1
#12
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
#12
(Original post by SweetSummerx)
0.3 x 63.18 = 18.954
0.7 x 66.04 = 46.228
18.954 + 46.228 = 65.182
Really really appreciate your help thanks so so much.
0
reply
emily_000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
#13
Report 2 weeks ago
#13
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi so my modules are 20 credits each except dissertation which is 40. My third year is worth 75% of my overall grade.

Module A) each assignment is worth 50% of the module marks include 55 & 60.

Module B) Worth 50% i got 80 and a 60.

Module C) Worth 25% i got 62 and the other 75% i got 65

Module D) Worth 50% I achieved a 72 and a 65

Module E) Worth 100% hoping to get at least 68.

Then in second year i got in total (bearing in mind my credits add up to 120)

Module A) 69%
Module B) 68.25
Module C) 76.8
Module D) 64
Module E) 55
Module F: 46

My second year is worth 30% of my final grade and my third is 70%

Please could someone talk me through the maths of my final grade!!
If you did calculate correct your grades then your second year average is: 63.175% which is a 2:1.

So you need to get an average of 72.925% in your third year in order to get a first class.
and an average of 58.64% in order to get a 2:1.

This is based on what you told us. That your third year worths 70% of your classification and your second year worths 30% of your classification.

Hope this helps.

I did not count the first grades (the grades that are above of your second year grades) as I was confused of what they are. If they are your second third or first year grades. I included only your second year grades, your average is 63.175% and you need to get an average of 72.925% in your third year in order to get a first class and an average of 58.64% in order to get a 2:1.
Last edited by emily_000; 2 weeks ago
0
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (464)
59.26%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.49%
No- I want it (223)
28.48%
No- I don't want it (53)
6.77%

Watched Threads

View All