Imperial vs Edinburgh for Masters of Public Health(MPH) Watch

issac-w
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Recently, I got conditional offer from Imperial College on MPH program. The MPH programs on Imperial College and Edinburgh University are both on my list.

The rank of Imperial looks higher than Edinburgh, but Edinburgh seems to provide the accommodation which means that i have to rent out if i choose Imperial. Also, I have no idea about the teaching quality of these two colleges.

As a foreigner student, I have less information about that, does anyone have any advice or personal experience?

Thank you!
emily_000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by issac-w)
Recently, I got conditional offer from Imperial College on MPH program. The MPH programs on Imperial College and Edinburgh University are both on my list.

The rank of Imperial looks higher than Edinburgh, but Edinburgh seems to provide the accommodation which means that i have to rent out if i choose Imperial. Also, I have no idea about the teaching quality of these two colleges.

As a foreigner student, I have less information about that, does anyone have any advice or personal experience?

Thank you!
Go private, you can find many private accommodations near imperial. Choose Imperial, is a dream uni for a lot of people and higher in rankings as you have already said.
nellybelly29
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It will depend on what you want to do. I went to Edinburgh for my undergrad and I can say that it is a top-tier university, I can't comment on Imperial. However, as far as which one you should choose, honestly, it should just depend on the programme itself. Which has better courses? Which has academic staff that focuses on what you want to focus on?

As far as accommodation, it will be expensive whether you go to Edinburgh or London. Edinburgh is crazy expensive and so is London so I wouldn't let that be the deciding factor. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (378)
67.14%
No (185)
32.86%

Watched Threads